cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 no Call Plus. Sprint is to blame. What now? Am I stuck with a phone I can't use?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 9 no Call Plus. Sprint is to blame. What now? Am I stuck with a phone I can't use?

I just found out that my note 9 has no capability to go on data and be on the phone. Only Sprint has this problem. And with my luck, I made the mistake to switching to Sprint. I don't understand how I was not informed of this especially when all the other notes have this capability and all other carriers and only Sprint has this problem. I feel I was robbed. I use Sprint for work and I work from my car. I need to read legal documents as I speak with lawyers over the phone. I find that even the Sprint salespeople didn't even know Note 9 didn't have Call Plus capability. I find Sprint misleading to sell products when they know they have this incapability and not inform their salespeople or their customers. I have been going back and forth between Sprint and Samsung to understand who to help resolve the problem and now I find out that Sprint is hiding this problem and only in forums I am able to reveal that Sprint is the one to blame. The point of having a Note is to work while on data and have a phone at the same time. I have 5 lines on Sprint and now I see how unethical Sprint works.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Note 9 no Call Plus. Sprint is to blame. What now? Am I stuck with a phone I can't use?

@kcrispin, we understand the importance of having the availability to talk and surf the web at the same time. Sprint phones cannot support simultaneous voice and data due to a limitation in the device radio configuration, but we're in the process of perfecting VoLTE calls which use Sprint’s LTE network instead of our traditional wireless voice network. We hope to have ready in the very near future. In the meantime, we have added the CallingPLUS feature for some Android devices like the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ which let customers browse the Internet and use other apps that require data services while on a call, check out our CallingPLUS FAQ page for details. If you're within the 30 days satisfaction guarantee, you can exchange your Note 9 to one of these. Click www.sprint.com/returns to take a look at our return/exchange policy.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Note 9 no Call Plus. Sprint is to blame. What now? Am I stuck with a phone I can't use?

If I can't have the capability to use the phone while on data, am I stuck with a phone I can't use? 

Journeyman

I don't have a Galaxy so what now?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@kcrispin do you have you more than 30 days with this phone? If not, you can exchange for a different one with Calling Plus. Click here to take a look at our return/exchange policy.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

More than 30 days.  

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@kcrispin, Understood! In this case, what I recommend is for you to bear with us until the VoLTE is released which is even better than calling plus since it use the LTE network. There's not an estimated time of release yet, but we assure that the relevant department is working on it. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand your pain, I’m on the same boat with you. I feel like I got ripped off and still getting , because I’m paying for a phone I can’t use. I’m thinking of dusting off my LG Stylo and just use it instead of the note9 since is very important for me to be able to have access to the internet and talk at the same time. The solution that was given to me was paid phone off or wait the full year so I can upgrade. No satisfaction guaranteed here. One thing for sure I will be leaving once contract is over or I decide to paid off phone. Never I experience such poor customer service.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi there jsoto1 ! I know that you are expecting to enjoy voice over LTE with your current device. Please know that we are in Soft Launch, which allows us to test VoLTE in real-world conditions to make sure the network and device work together to deliver the VoLTE service. You can also use Wi-Fi calling in the meantime.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm always on the road so wifi calling is not really an option.  I explain my situation probably to 7 different representatives shortly after I realized this phone did not had the capability to talk and surf at the same time. They all told me I was pretty much SOL. Well they didn't really use those specific words but must well have. I dont want to paid extra for on the go wifi for the car. I should had stuck with my original plan which was to buy the iPhone since I have and ipad and not let the rep talked me out of by telling me iPhones are garbage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All I hear from Sprint, is to be patient, we are working on it.  If you check the blogs, they have been saying this from the release date from 2 years ago.  By the time Sprint will come out with Volpe, our phones will be obsolete.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat