cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note8 Zero Bars on Casa Pebble and Cell Towers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note8 Zero Bars on Casa Pebble and Cell Towers

I'll try to be brief, but this seems to be a long and lingering issue I've had.

Backstory, up until a month and half ago, I've been using my 3 year old Note8 on a Airave 2.5 flawlessly for years.  Including using a Note 2 and 4 on the same Airave.  Here at home there is zero cellular service, but we have fiber internet so the Airave allowed me to make flawless cellular (3 dings before placing the call) or WiFi calling.

About a month and half ago, I received a Casa Pebble to upgrade my slowly dying Airave 2.5.  After getting it setup, (including unplugging my Airave) I could make / receive initial text messages, but no phone calls.  I reset the Casa Pebble according to instructions, went to town about 10 miles away to update my PRL, Profile, etc.  Came back, and noticed the VoLTE icon/WiFi calling icons at the top.  When attempting to place a call, it only would go through via WiFi calling as the green light on the Casa Pebble never flickered to indicate activity.  Yet would flicker when I would text.

Finally, I disabled WiFi service and WiFi calling, rebooted, and now discovered I had ZERO cellular bars on the Casa Pebble.  Upon re-enabling my WiFi service (and wifi calling) I still had zero cellular bars.  So I decided to go to the city to get some shopping done.  There are Sprint towers beginning about 10 miles away that I always get service on.  But I noticed when driving, I still had zero cellular bars on the normal LTE network.  It wasn't until I got to a business, disabled/reneabled wifi calling again AND rebooting my phone that I could make normal cellular calls once more.

Lastly, I've noticed this same behavior at friends on WiFi calling.  If I disable/renable wifi calling, sometimes even in an area with LTE, I have no cell bars.

My main issue is this Casa Pebble.  I've contacted Sprint phone and chat support several times, of course they have me go through updating PRL, Profile, checking for latest updates, enabling, disabling CDMA, LTE, etc.  Nothing has worked.  So finally, I connected my Airave back up, though my phone doesn't work on it at the moment, my wife's iphone 6 and my mom's iphone 8 work (3 dings before placing a call to confirm).

I'm ready to ship this Casa Pebble back and halfway tempted to leave Sprint.  I hope this isn't a merger issue and a sign of what is to come as Sprint is the only service provider in this area for both where I live and work.

Any insight?  Please help!

Thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey. We understand how important good connection is. Just to confirm, you're using the Note 8, right? Can you tell me if VoLTE is currently enabled? Let's figure out what's happening and fix it. 

Highlighted

Good morning!  I can confirm that I do have the Galaxy Note 8 and currently VoLTE is turned on.  However I have disabled VoLTE in the past to troubleshoot, but I can gladly disable it when I'm home this evening to test on the Casa Pebble.  Please advise on what you would like for me to do to test this phone.

Thanks!

Highlighted

I'll need you to be within range of the Casa Pebble to complete troubleshooting and have VoLTE enabled, as it supports voice calls over LTE. Just send us a message when you're able to. 

@Sprint_Ayana  I am in range of the Casa Pebble and VoLTE is currently enabled.  Currently I have full WiFi bars, but no cellular bars.  When making an outbound phone call, it's using WiFi calling and the Casa Pebble green LED does not blink indicating my call is not using the box.  Also when texting, it appears even texts are being sent out over WiFi and not the cellular LTE service.

Highlighted

I see what might be causing that issue. The Casa Pebble Supports LTE data and VoLTE, however, it does not support Voice Calling so it wouldn't improve voice services. In regards to the issues you've been having with the device itself I would advise you visit a Sprint Repair store to have a technician check this out. 

https://sprint.co/2kfiWv6

S.R
Highlighted

@Sprint_Shenelle Thanks for that information.  When I reached out to Sprint about my older Airave that was starting to go bad, the Sprint representative informed me that Casa Pebble was the replacement for it.  They did not mention it would not support voice calling, which is the primary basis of having a Femtocell in my home.  That is due to the rural nature of where I live, there is zero cell service unless I drive about 10 miles away to get steady LTE service.  

Are there other alternative units to the Casa Pebble that support voice calling like the Airrave did?  I'm not opposed to returning my Casa Pebble for a unit that supports dedicated voice calling when wifi may go down.

Highlighted

I'll be happy to help. I'll send you a PM.

S.R
Highlighted

Why a PM? I'd also be interested in alternatives to the old Airraves that will do voice calling.  Do I also have to PM you?

Thanks -- Steve

Highlighted

@commssp They sent me a PM, but so far there has been no resolution to my issues.  My phone still will loose all voice signal after it talks to the Casa Pebble.  Sprint was supposed to call me back after speaking with them once for troubleshooting, but so far I have never heard back a second time.  That was over two weeks ago.

Highlighted

Hey @modemnettech . I saw you were connected to our Tech Support team on your last interaction with us. How did that go? I would be happy to continue assisting and find a solution. Trust me, I understand how frustrating connection problems can be. 

Highlighted

Hi! @commssp. Do you already have an Airave that's no longer working? Are you experiencing problems with voice calls only in one specific location? We request private messages when having to discuss personal account information. It's really for security reasons because that's high priority. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat