cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note9 Launch and Order Information

Community Manager

Note9 Launch and Order Information

It's that time again! Note9 time! I've prepared a list of your most common questions and will try to add more details as we go.  Please be patient as it can occasionally take a couple of days for us to gather and get you the accurate information but we'll get there together.

The Moderators and Admin will be moving questions and comments off this thread to another space as needed. This enables us to keep the post short, on point and easy for people to follow.

Sprint's Galaxy Note9 Landing Page Link www.Sprint.com/samsung

Samsung's Galaxy Note Page

Sprint Press Release

Q: What is the MSRP of the Galaxy Note9?

A: Retail price for the Galaxy Note9 128GB is $999, well qualified Sprint customers can lease starting at $41.99 per month but you will want to check your Sprint account as we may have an offer just for you.

Q:  When does Pre-order start?

A: Pre orders start 8/10/18 on Sprint.com or Samsung.com

Q: What are my Purchase Options?

A: Please see this article and let us know if you have any questions: What are my phone purchase options?

Q: Will the Galaxy Note9 qualify for Galaxy Forever?

A: Yes! Qualifying customers can lease a new Note9 through Galaxy Forever Flex lease. For more information please see our Leasing Forum or the Flex Lease Page on Sprint.com

Q: How can I tell if I’m on an Galaxy Forever lease?

A: You can check the terms of your lease agreement through the My Sprint app and your My Sprint account.  If you are on the Galaxy Forever program, your eligibility should say “Today” under the Flex Lease option,

Q: How do I check to see if I am eligible to upgrade?

A: You can check the eligibility of your lines from both the My Sprint app and your My Sprint account.  You can also view eligibility and more from our Upgrade Eligibility support page

Q: My lease isn't eligible to upgrade. Can I pay it off and have my eligibility reset to order the new Galaxy Note9?

A: You should be able to pay your remaining lease payments and upgrade early. Contact Telesales or your local Sprint store for more information.

Q:  I am on installment billing(IB) and pay extra to upgrade on a yearly basis with giveback.  I'm not at 12 months yet, is there a way I can get my yearly upgrade early?

A:  Unfortunately, there is no way to accelerate to the 12 month mark. You may be able to pay off your full installment billing agreement instead (see below)

Q: Can I pay off the balance of my IB agreement and order right away?

A: You can pay off your installment billing balance at any time (via IVR, Store and through Care). Once paid, your upgrade eligibility will reset automatically after 5 days. You can also contact Telesales who may be able to process an order sooner. Once you have paid off your IB balance, you may use your current phone as a trade-in on the new phone.

Q: Can I pay off my two year agreement, have my eligibility reset and order the

Galaxy Note9?

A: Unfortunately, there is no way to buyout a two year agreement.

Q: I have to turn my phone back in to Sprint in order to upgrade.  How does that work?

A: If you’re upgrading in a store, the store will walk you through the process. If you are ordering through Telesales or the web, please see the links below and let us know if you have questions:

For more information about returning phones visit the Trade-in, turn-in, giveback or return my phone support page and let us know if you have questions

Q:  How can I check my Order status?

A:  You can check your order status by logging into your My Sprint account and look for My Orders or by going to www.sprint.com/myorder

Q: What memory configurations are being carried by Sprint?

A: Sprint is carrying the 128 GB version.

Q: How do I get the AKG Noise Cancelling Headphones or Fortnite Game Bundle?

A:  If you order between 8/10/18 and 8/23/18 you may qualify for either offer or you can pay $99 to receive both.  You must complete the steps through the Samsung Shop App in order to qualify  for the “Work Smart, Play Harder” offer. For more info, visit https://samsungpromotions.com/workplay/

Q:  I never got my order confirmation email.  Can you resend it?

A: Check your Spam folder just in case emails from Sprint have been routed there.  If you're still unable to locate it, you can chat with Order Support through the My Order page and they can provide you with your order number.

Q: I made a mistake with my order (wrong color or size).  Can I change it?

A: Unfortunately, once an order is processed, it cannot be modified.  If your order has not yet shipped, you may be able cancel it by chatting in to Order Support through the My Order page.  Once the current order is cancelled you should be able to create a new order, including a new payment. Once an order has been shipped, it cannot be cancelled.

Q: The delivery address on my order is wrong.  Can I update it?

A: Typically, addresses on orders cannot be changed. You may chat with Order Support through the www.sprint.com/myorder page to discuss next steps in this case.

Q: How much does TEP cost for this device?

A: As a higher tier phone, TEP will cost $19/month.  Look for information about lots of exciting changes coming to TEP.

Q: Can I purchase from Samsung or another retailer and add TEP+ later?

A: You have up to 60 days after activation to add TEP+ to your new Galaxy Note9.   If you have questions see:

Feel free to ask questions in this thread.  We'll be adding more Q and As to this list for everybody to see.  Keep in mind, we may move your comment to another forum or thread in order to keep this space clear for other customers to get information efficiently

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat