cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI update for galaxy s9 plus

Journeyman

One UI update for galaxy s9 plus

When will galaxy s9/s9 plus G960/G965 (Sprint/Unlocked) can be updated to One UI? We have been waiting for the a official and stability One UI version for a long time, we have been notified that we will receive the official and stability update in January, but now it's the end of January...Please, we need to know exactly when.
Thank you.

Sorry about my English.

14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: One UI update for galaxy s9 plus

Let me see what information I can find out for you. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Thank you.
GrandMaster

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

You should check with Samsung on that. They're the ones pushing that out. 

Journeyman

I have contacted samsung in "Samsung community" website ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Product-Updates/Waiting-on-US-S9-Update/td-p/448030 ) and they have said  "they has already released the updates. but in the US we have to wait for the carriers to push it out to them. and they has no say in it"Capture.PNG

Honestly, we see the software updates pushed out the same time you do. I don't have an exact timeline on this. 

GrandMaster

the part they neglected to mention in there is that here in the U.S carriers do their testing and once they find there are no issues popping up that would affect calls/data THEN the go ahead is sent to the OEM..in this case Samsung..to be released by them.

so in order

-OEM tweeks Googles update to work with their devices and then adds in whatever the carriers are needing in them.

-its sent to each carrier to do their own testing-if problems are found they send the info back to the OEM and they locate and fix the issues found..wash rinse repeat until its fixed.

-once the carrier clears it they give the go ahead for the OEM to release the update...ALL carriers do it the same exact way.

@thanhtran207 wrote:

I have contacted samsung in "Samsung community" website ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Product-Updates/Waiting-on-US-S9-Update/td-p/448030 ) and they have said  "they has already released the updates. but in the US we have to wait for the carriers to push it out to them. and they has no say in it"Capture.PNG

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Any update on that, I know this was a day ago but when I spend 1k I'd at least like the option to participate in some sort of beta, I'm not going to complain but I want my one UI I've been waiting to break bixby, get rid of my nav buttons and to black out the settings in my phone for a long time since my s7 edge.

Journeyman

Yes I agree it's already about to be February in 10 days and we haven't even received the January security patch. If you ask me we should all get this at the same time an sooner not half way thru the month. Y'all really need to work on this.
GrandMaster

for Beta testing you would need to contact the OEM...they are the ones that do the Beta testing.

@asd5858 wrote:

Any update on that, I know this was a day ago but when I spend 1k I'd at least like the option to participate in some sort of beta, I'm not going to complain but I want my one UI I've been waiting to break bixby, get rid of my nav buttons and to black out the settings in my phone for a long time since my s7 edge.

GrandMaster

if you are wanting quicker updates then i would recommend purchasing a Google phone since those wont have ANY carrier branding in them which in turn gets their updates directly from Google. those do not have to go through the OEM or the carrier after that....which takes time.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat