cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Changed after Network Reset????!!!

Journeyman

Phone Number Changed after Network Reset????!!!

Hi, all I have an unusual problem with phone. I am hoping someone can shed some light.

I'm in S. Korea right now traveling from the US. I have Sprint as my phone provider and they told me that as soon as I arrive to Korea I would get a msg prompting me to buy the 4G pass for the week, which is something I wanted to purchase.

As soon as I got the msg, I wanted to buy the pass but it wasnt letting me so I called Sprint and they told me to reset the network (through my settings). I did and then was able to buy the 4G pass for the week but, for some reason, MY PHONE NUMBER CHANGED. 🤔

When I go to my About Phone page in my Settings, I see that the number on my SIM card changed but the strange part is that I still get phone calls from my friends and family to my usual phone number. However, when I try to access certain apps that require phone verification, they don't work because they ask for reverification through this new number. Also, my voicemail is in Korean and not English and when someone tries to call this new number, some automated Korean voice speaks.

The sprint team says that everything is good on their end and they don't see anything wrong with my phone. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Phone Number Changed after Network Reset????!!!

Wow! That is super strange Annanutella. Give me some time to look into this for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Phone Number Changed after Network Reset????!!!

Alright. I'm going to need a smidge more info. I sent you a PM so I can gather that info. From everything I know about international travel with Sprint, there is no reason why the phone number changed. I just shouldn't happen. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat