cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone replaced, now showing as financed

Go to solution
Journeyman

Phone replaced, now showing as financed

Before shipping my phone out for repair I check it on Swappa and it came back as not financed. However after mailing it out for repair I received a replacement which now shows my new phone as financed. If I put the old IMEI of my original phone I had before repair is still shows as not financed. Did Sprint give me an old phone without clearing the serial number?

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care

Re: Phone replaced, now showing as financed

Hello @fleeky. A phone shouldn't show as financed if it doesn't have an agreement or pending charges. However, based on previous customer experiences, an MEID/IMEI can show that message if the phone is currently active or is pending to be activated on a Sprint line. This is because you cannot activate it on another Sprint line if it is already activated. Was the previous phone active when you checked it in that website?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Carlos 

I reverted back to my old phone and Ting byod still shows my phone is financed. It states "Sorry, this phone can’t be activated right now. This device has not reached financial eligibility."

My old IMEI (before the replacement) goes through perfectly. I chatted with customer service online and they state their is no payment due on the phone. Is it typical to recieve a replacement device that's flagged as financed?

Sprint Social Care

@fleeky, Ting is a Sprint MVNO and you may be getting that error because you need to add the inactive Sprint device to their database. Did you talk to them to check this?

Replacement devices inherit the previous phone agreement/charges. If there was none, the new device won't have any. What comes to my mind is that maybe the previous phone was unlocked and the new device is not. Did you check that?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos

My original Sprint phone was never added to Ting's database and it showed as ready to activate. I deactivated the replacement device and currently have my old phone active, so no reason why it should show as financially ineligible.

I called Sprint the rep said she's going to put a ticket for unlock, it should take 24 hours or so. Still nothing.

I'm still not understanding why the activation policy didnt transfer over. 

GrandMaster

you mentioned it was sent in for repairs...but to whom? Sprint? Samsung?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

If the phone was replaced then the new phone may show as financed on the site because it's locked. Most Sprint phones are locked, and can be unlocked if the conditions are right. Please send one of us with the Sprint Badge/Logo a private message so we can take a look.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat