cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

I have a note 9 and recently I have had the issue of at one moment seeing a message was delivered and read to later message ahowing nothing and colors of messages change from a blue to more of a teal with no information . I have restarted my phone to get confirmations of updates to messenger. 

Why is happening?

31 REPLIES 31
GrandMaster

Re: Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

are you by chance in a area that your data connection isnt the greatest when you see this happening?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

Usually at home...I connect to inter at I'd service seems not so strong

GrandMaster

are you using wifi calling when this is happening or no? the enhanced features need a data signal in order to work correctly.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

WiFi calling is not on....or at least I haven't turned it on

GrandMaster

youre connected to wifi though?

usually when you see the colors change next to the contacts its due to either of you no longer having a data connection or and its letting you know what they will see/not see when you send them a message. you can google samsungs enhanced messaging and there should be a walk through on what the colors mean that you are seeing. it could be the other person is not connecting or you are not connecting etc.

Community Manager

What you describing is Rich Communication Services (RCS).  When texting other folks with RCS enabled, you will see when the messages were delivered, when it was read, and when the recipient typing.  If you no longer see that either your RCS is turned off, the person you texting does not have RCS, or you could no longer be configured on the RCS server.  So let's check if you are on the server.  PM me your number and I will check.

@Jbujdos wrote:

I have a note 9 and recently I have had the issue of at one moment seeing a message was delivered and read to later message ahowing nothing and colors of messages change from a blue to more of a teal with no information . I have restarted my phone to get confirmations of updates to messenger. 

Why is happening?

Journeyman

I sent you a pm

Community Manager

OK.

@Ashiv wrote:

I sent you a pm

Journeyman

@ Em_Will_I_Am

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  My wife and I are sending chat messages (blue), then the chat changes to text (teal).  I also keep receiving texts from Sprint stating "Messenger's enhanced features have been enabled (Confirmation ID: xxxxx)"  I don't know why or how this message from Sprint keeps being sent to me.  14 of these messages since January 14th.

Anyways, back to the original issue.  This is very tedious.  I have to turn off RCS, wait 60 seconds, then re-enable it in hopes this fixes the issue.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  I'll also try a restart with some success, some nothing.  We both have Samsung phones (S8, S9).  We both work in a downtown area of a small city.  I'd appreciate some help as well.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Does this happen when on wifi or off? 

Journeyman

Both and at multiple locations.  Haven't been able to get the chat feature back.  Tried everything in this thread and elsewhere.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat