cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

Wizard

Re: Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

As far as RCS the Samsung default Text App works but again Samsung at times can be slow to update their apps. Overall I always recommend Android Messages for the default text app first Google is trying to get everyone using their main app basically like what Apple does with I-Messages. Second between the two Android Message seems to be a lot better plus gets updated more often and is really the main texting app yes there are third party app like Textra so forth but Android Message is the way to go. If anyone having issues getting the RCS part to work make sure to reinstall  Android Messages and during the setup it should prompt you about turning the chat feature on. Folks might do the same for the Samsung Text app as well. 

Journeyman

Re: Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

We've been using the Android Messages app exclusively for almost two months now.  The Samsung Messages version has completely stopped being able to utilize RCS.  This is not ideal as the Android app creates issues with other applications that we use.

This issue has persisted over different phones that we've owned so I'm not convinced that this is an app issue.  The Android app experienced the same issue yesterday so it doesn't "work perfectly."

GrandMaster

what other apps is it causing issues with?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Now both applications are not able to use RCS.  This isn't an app issue, this is a Sprint issue.  Too many phones and applications involved for it not to be.

Highlighted

I have a Note 9, and I had the same thing. There is some updating going on. Have you tried taking off RCS and restoring it?

Journeyman

Yes.

There should be a new software update that will help with this issue.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community Manager

Probably a Google Carrier Services issue.  Once mine update, it killed RCS. When I uninstall updates, RCS works.  I submitted a bug report to Google.  Uninstall updates for Google Carrier Services and then turn off auto updates.  

@Chard wrote:

Now both applications are not able to use RCS.  This isn't an app issue, this is a Sprint issue.  Too many phones and applications involved for it not to be.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat