cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

Re: Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

You have confirmed that RCS is enabled on the other device also, correct?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Re: Phone switching from being able to see message delivered and read to nothing

Yes, both have RCS enabled. This happens 4-5 times a week. RCS works then it doesn't. I've been able to get it to work but since I posted my original post, RCS hasn't been functional.  We can't send anything other than text.  This is very frustrating.

I have a workaround for you to try. Please download the android messages app from the play store, on both phones. Once you have the app, open it up and enable RCS. You'll then go into the standard messaging app on your phone, turn RCS off and then back on. I want you to monitor the issues you've been experiencing and let me know if there are any changes. Once we know it's working properly, you should be able to delete the downloaded app. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Downloading the Android app seems to have alleviated the issue for now.  Texts from the other phone weren't coming in even though I was receiving texts from other phones at the same time.  I could send one but wouldn't receive any from that phone.  Very strange.  Is it something to do with the plan?  Both are on the same account.  Puzzling.

Journeyman

Hi, this is really stange. Have you been able to solve it?

It's something to do with the phone and the software. That's why people use a third party messaging app typically.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community Manager

Sorry @Chard, I've been offsite for training and just came across your message.  PM me your number and I will check your status on the RCS server.  For the record, it has nothing to do with the phone and the software.  Hit me up and I will have a look.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am Are you able to check if I'm on the server? I am having the same issues but RCS is turned on for all devices.
Journeyman

Hi.  I just now saw your post.  I pm'd you just now.

The issue has popped up twice in the last couple of weeks.  I have to disable RCS to get it to work again.  Still have the google messenger installed, fyi but I don't use it.

GrandMaster

when you were using the Google messenger app it worked perfectly fine correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I PM'd you the phone numbers @Em_Will_I_Am. Let me know if you need anything further. Thanks! 🙂

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

are you by chance in a area that your data connection isnt the greatest when you see this happening?

I have a note 9 and recently I have had the issue of at one moment seeing a message was delivered and read to later message ahowing nothing and colors of messages change from a blue to more of a teal with no information . I have restarted my phone to get confirmations of updates to messenger. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat