cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie anyone?

Journeyman

Re: Pie anyone?

I really can't fathom what the hell is going on! Sprint is usually the first or second to update their phones. Even more puzzling is why is the older S9 and S9+ getting the update first over the Note 9? It makes no since what so ever. I hope when they finallydopush it for the Note, it is the updated version that Germany got.
Journeyman

I'm not surprised.   Every phone I've had with sprint, they have been months behind everyone else.   My next device will be either Google (unlocked)  or branded (unlocked) but no more carrier devices.   I've always had android, but nearing ios.  Apple launches updates, and all devices get it.  My iPad is set to get beta updates.   It's from sprint.   I get the updates without waiting for sprint. 

Journeyman

This whole process is ridiculous! I am just fed up with all the BS from Samsung and Sprint. I got suckered into buying a $1200 phone with an outdated OS and now the NEW OS will be an old OS by the time I get it!

Journeyman

Seriously? This is not an outdated OS. Try using anything Kyocera. And if you think you got suckered into getting the best phone in the market, you're really dumb.

Journeyman

You are in titled to your opinion, but the fact of the matter is the day Google released Android 9 Pie, Android 8.1.1 became an outdated Android OS! Further more Google has already released the final beta version of Android 10 Q and will most likely start pushing it to their phones in March, around the 12th. But it wont make it to a Samsung phone until Feb 2020!! thanks
Journeyman

Thanks to XDA dev website I now have an official release copy of Pie for my Galaxy Note 9! As soon as my phone finishes charging back to 100% I am going to side load from SD card. It's a shame that their is still no OTA from Sprint, but I feel that those of us that care about updates have waited way too long!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Jessjam
You have a link?
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Yep it rolled out the end of last week.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I just checked. Downloading now.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Great! Hope you love it!

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Goodluck 2018 app doesn't work. I have been using LockStar, QuickStar, Task changer, Routines, ClockFace, MultiStar, and NavStar. All parts of my theme, and device function. Also used a black theme on device. I can't use dark mode with a theme, so now I have stock wallpaper on lockscreen and when unlocked, and can't use the black wallpaper I was using.

Edit: Also had full screen turned on.   Swipe up to show nav bar.   Now it just has option for nav bar on or off.  With it off, the is 3 grey lines at bottom of screen.   Totally defeats full screen mode that showed nothing at bottom. 

Journeyman

I use a black wallpaper made with my camera, in both home and lock screen.. just take a picture while cover your camrca lense or take a picture in a dark room. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat