cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie anyone?

Journeyman

Pie anyone?

Does anyone know how much longer the wait for a slice of Pie on the Note 9 will be?  Their is still a few hours left to get it out in January, come on Sprint give us that one last push we been waiting on.

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: Pie anyone?

Hey sucks to wait so long for it but the push for a device update is not given by sprint but the manufacture of the device.

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

Yeah, but Sprint tells Samsung when it all good to push. I have heard it from Samsung, and from Sprint. They like to pass the blame around. I feel their is no excuse from either that makes much since. They're both large companies with plenty of resources, so this extremely long wait for an operating system that should have been on my 1000 dollar device when I bought it, is ridiculous. Lets just get this show on the road. Q will be out in two months or less.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

All carriers have to do testing with each update to make sure it won't cause issues for the users on their network. I have not heard an official release from Sprint yet that everything has been signed off for release to customer's. You can keep an eye on the Samsung section of Community where we'll drop the latest info as we get it.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/bd-p/Sammy 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

its just starting to get released to the S9 as of i believe yesterday...its within ear shot but still needs to pass its tests before the ok is given to Samsung to release it as the agent pointed out.

as is this update is HUGE..pretty sure this one needed additional testing and messing before they were going to attempt to kick it out.

@Jessjam wrote:
Yeah, but Sprint tells Samsung when it all good to push. I have heard it from Samsung, and from Sprint. They like to pass the blame around. I feel their is no excuse from either that makes much since. They're both large companies with plenty of resources, so this extremely long wait for an operating system that should have been on my 1000 dollar device when I bought it, is ridiculous. Lets just get this show on the road. Q will be out in two months or less.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Received last night for my SO plus, big update in size!

GrandMaster

for the S9 or the Note 9? i know the S9 started to receive it but no word just yet on the Note9s release just yet.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The only thing my Note 9 needs to be my end all be all of devices is a better UI and a system wide dark mode. Two things this update is suppose to bring with it, so forgive me if I seem a little impatient, my desire to have a perfect device( for me) overrides my logical mind and causes me to go into, I want what I want, and I want it NOW! mode. But we all have to agree that things could and should be better in regards to updates.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I totally get it. As much as we want to get it out to everyone, we also have to make sure it gets out stable so we don't ruin anyone's excitement and good times. Good things are coming, hang in there!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

My birthday is on the 16th of Feb. My hope is that by then, i will have and be fluent in Samsung One UI and Android Pie. Fingers crossed!! And toe!
Journeyman

Another day without Pie on my $1200 flagship Samsung phone the Galaxy Note 9!!

Journeyman

I feel your pain.   I have been checking daily for over a week.   AT&T, tmobile, and Verizon have pushed it out already a week ago.  Sprint is the only one that hasn't released it for the note 9, just the S9 and 9+ and the other 3 carriers pushed it out for the 8 series as well I do believe. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat