cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor phone and worse customer service!!!

Journeyman

Poor phone and worse customer service!!!

I do not know where to post this and I will try different locations, but the summary is that I was told by sales that my Galaxy  would be able to get on the internet and talk at the same time.  No one can hear me on the phone and I contacted Sprint to troubleshoot the problem. She ran an update and told me to try it for a few days to see if sound improved and they would call me back on Monday. They called Monday, could not HEAR me, hung up, never called back.  I tried to reach the same department, it would not accept inbound calls. Next day I finally get someone and she tells me that my 30 day no hassle return expired the day before, yes MONDAY when they hung up on me, not to mention they never resolved it the week before when I called in!  Now after 22 years, no missed payments, no late fees, no claims, Sprint is telling me that I have to keep this phone!!! Even though they lied when they said it could get on the internet, and the 30 days expired while I was trying their troubleshooting. Then I was told it was my fault for (1) talking to the wrong department, and then (2) for not going into a store!  Unbelievable!!! 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Poor phone and worse customer service!!!

The ability to use VoLTE is available in some cities and will be available everywhere soon. It might not be available where you're at yet, but the phone is capable when you're eligible. Has your phone ever worked properly? 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

No, but I kept thinking maybe it was the other person's phone, etc. because it was intermittent and not constant.  Once i figured out it was my phone the chat told me to download Sprint complete and contact someone. I did that last week, and they ran a diagnostic and said to test the phone for a few days to see if it resolved it.  While I was doing that my  30 days ran out and now I am being told I can't return the phone.  During this whole debacle it also came out that my phone/area, whatever is not one that can be on the phone and internet at the same time and I was assured that it was when I purchased it.  you should know your own products.  That was my ONLY reason for upgrading. Had i known it would not, I would have just gotten galaxy 8 or S10 .  I resent being told that I should have contacted customer care. I was told to use Sprint Complete, how was I supposed to know that was NOT customer care?  They had a duty to be honest to me about the phone's capabilities when I purchased it, and when I tried to get help resolve it within my 30 day period or tell me that it was ending. Not tell me to test the fix for a few days (while the 30 days ran out) and then deny me a new phone.  These are very deceptive practices and you are still not answering me about a complaint.  One day over the 30 days and you are trying to make me keep a phone that does not work AND one that I was told has abilities that it doesn't.  I need to know how to appeal.  This is atrocious customer service for 22 years. 

Okay I can see why you are frustrated.

• May I ask what type of phone do you have?
  • What city and state do you live in?
  • And when you said that " No one can hear me on the phone" and it has been intermittent and not constant, that is a whole separate concern than VoLTE (being on the phone while on the internet at the same time) correct?
Journeyman

Yes, you are correct.  I am in Dallas, TX.  I finally have a rep call me back and again I am being told two different things. First I was told that this phone could not be on the phone and internet at the same time, then she said it was available in certain cities, such as Houston, but not Dallas. She then had me change a setting under mobile networks that still did not work. 

Yes, it was while I was trying to resolve the difficulties with being heard that I was finally told his model does not have Calling Plus or VoLTE or whatever capabilities. 

Journeyman

It is a Samsung Galaxy S9, not the Plus and as I stated in my sales call the only reason I was upgrading was to be able to speak on the phone while on the internet.   Why even sell me a phone that was questionable??!!  Apparently i could have gotten an S8, for less, that has that feature, or an S10. 

We are working to get it rolled out to all phones soon. I know it is frustrating. I have a Note 9, and it isn't available for my phone just yet. Stay tuned!  

Journeyman

So, what say you? That it is not available on the S9?  Again, everyone keeps telling me something different.  A rep called me yesterday and said that it was.  I need a final answer.  Is it, or is it not. And if so, what setting in mobile networks will let me access it? I was told to change it to LTE/CDMA or CDMA and that it would work...and it did not.   It was on Automatic from when I got the phone.

The phone does not have VoLTE yet. It is coming though. 

Journeyman

At least you are honest.  It is shameful that a company cannot have all employees know the products that they are selling.  Someone from your escalation department told me it did and to change the settings and swore she has the exact same phone and it worked for her.  This is a mess!  As soon as I can get a good deal I am switching to AT&T.  They may have issues, but I can bundle my TV and Internet and not deal with people who are not truthful to me.  

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat