cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to assign distinctive ringtones and text alerts to contacts on S8?

Journeyman

Possible to assign distinctive ringtones and text alerts to contacts on S8?

I had distinctive ring tones assigned to my wife's contact so when she called it was easy to know it was her. As well as when she texted me I had a distinct alert tone assigned. Well, since that update on 10-2-18 it seems that feature is no longer available. Am I missing something? I even had my son look at my phone and he couldn't figure out how to assign distinctive ring tones and text alerts to select contacts. Anybody else able to assign distinctive tones and alerts on their Samsung S8? 

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Possible to assign distinctive ringtones and text alerts to contacts on S8?

I can on my S8+.... Desired contact> Edit> View More> Ringtone..... 

Journeyman

Thanks. I did find how to set distinctive ring tones for contacts calling me. But can't seem to set distinctive alert tones for text messages from contacts. So I'm only half of what I had before the software update. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, I get it now ... I'm able to achieve that same thing in a different text app that I use for other reasons. Read this, maybe it might help you to customize your messaging notifications now that Samsung took that away.... https://m.androidcentral.com/how-get-custom-text-tones-back-your-samsung-after-android-oreo-update

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat