Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the "fine print" on the "Get $500 on select Samsung devices w/Trade - Upgrade" offer.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Question about the "fine print" on the "Get $500 on select Samsung devices w/Trade - Upgrade" offer.

The details on this offer state...

"Trade-In NOTE: the eligible trade-in must be a customer-owned smartphone (phones only). It cannot be a device with an open Sprint Flex, lease or Monthly Installment agreement. Eligible trade-in phone must be in good working condition, must power on/off, must be unlocked, not lost/stolen or on a Sprint Lease. Must be deactivated and all personal data deleted. Device will not be returned. FMIP must be disabled."

My question is - Does the "trade in" device get blacklisted or anything of that nature, OR would I be able to do a "flip-flop" and reactivate it on one of the other lines on my account?

Thanks,

-Mike Z-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"Device will not be returned" refers to the phone that you're trading in to us in order to qualify for the promotional discount on the new device. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care

Once a device is traded in it becomes property of Sprint, therefore, will not be returned. Let me know if I misunderstood your question. I'm happy to help. 

Well perhaps I misunderstood "Device will not be returned".  I took that as meaning that I did not actually have to physically return the device to Sprint like the term "trade in" would imply. - i.e. I got to keep it instead.  Is it really the other way around - i.e. that Sprint will not return the device to me?  If the latter, then they should change the wording to something a little less ambiguous, like "Device must be returned to Sprint".

"Device will not be returned" refers to the phone that you're trading in to us in order to qualify for the promotional discount on the new device. 

View solution in original post

Alright.  The wording was a little different from what I've seen on previous offers.  So I jumped to an incorrect conclusion apparently.  Thanks for clearing it up for me.

No problem at all! 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat