cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Issues on S10+

Journeyman

Re: RCS Issues on S10+

RCS doesn't work when I download the android app and turn off RCS on Samsung messaging either. So it is not the Samsung texting app.

Journeyman

BTW, I just contacted Samsung and they advised that Samsung only displays how messages are received, RCS servers are released from the service provider. So they are stating it is a Sprint issue.

GrandMaster

do you happen to notice you are not really seeing anyone pop in with any other OEM device other than Samsungs?

doesnt matter which forum its in as soon as someone searches out RCS this thread and others will pop up and in they come..

but all you are seeing is Sammy devices in here.

my RCS works perfectly on my G6 for example..while running the Google Messages..

out of curiosity though..while connected to wifi does the RCS start working fine again or does it still continue to mess up?

main reason i bring all this up is if you go into this forum that gives you the option to jump into any other OEM's forum..and at the top where it says "search community content before posting" and type in RCS...it'll pull up any thread created or posted in that mentions RCS..you'll notice how many pop up for the Samsung forum compared to the others.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am actually connected to Wifi right now and RCS is not working. I just find it very irritating that both companies are blaming the other for the issue.

GrandMaster

welcome to the wild world of smart phone companies lol..it can be a fully known issue...by THEM...and they will STILL deflect to the carrier lol.

some OEMs are worse than others when it comes to the deflecting lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the RCS issues can be challenging to pin to one specific party, but ultimately I subscribe to Sprints services and any device I purchase/lease from Sprint should work as advertised regardless if its their network or the manufacturers software.  With the RCS issues I run across on my S10+ it is not isolated to just being on Sprints network or WiFi, it seems to happen randomly, but most commonly when I go from being on WiFi to Sprint LTE.  When I do a basic google search for RCS Issues on Samsung Phones, the majority of results are from Sprint phones.  But that is probably due to the fact that Sprint is really the only carrier that has adopted the RCS Universal Profile that should work across carriers and devices.  The other major carriers all seem to have adopted their own version of RCS that only works on devices on their networks (https://android.gadgethacks.com/news/always-updated-list-carriers-support-rcs-universal-profile-0191...   Which is one of the reasons I have always preferred Sprint over other carriers, they have a history of trying to be open with their network and allowing it to work just as broadband in your home would.  I would truly like to see a native universal text messaging app with chat features, similar to what Google had with Allo that would work regardless of carrier or phone model, Allo worked between Android and iPhones without any issues as long as you had a data connection.  

Journeyman

I contacted Samsung again and all I got from them was that phone updates can change phone settings and that I should wait for a patch update but they have no idea on the expected release date of said patch. Then when I asked to confirm that it was a known issue and a patch update would indeed be coming, they told me that it is not an issue so they don't know if a patch update will resolve it. Useless!

GrandMaster

on the plus side of this one last i heard the Google Messages app is able to be downloaded by apple devices..least i heard that a while back..

if thats the case it opens a pretty big window when it comes to abilities (or at least more options)..minus not being able to do imessage..for that they would have to kick back to their stock messaging app to pull that one off..

been a while since i heard about that and since i do not have a apple anything i can not check to see if this is reality or not lol..

if it is that is a HUGE step by apple to allow something like this..

GrandMaster

told you lol..

first level tech deflection...they might as well toss something into the air..swat it out of the air and scream out "DENIED!" right after saying stuff lolol.

notice how they started to start moving towards something might have changed with an update and then spun right around to the deflection?

all OEMs tend to do this..up until a problem/issue is publicly announced THEN they will admit that its in fact a known issue and a fix is under way.

@SheenaMarieS wrote:

I contacted Samsung again and all I got from them was that phone updates can change phone settings and that I should wait for a patch update but they have no idea on the expected release date of said patch. Then when I asked to confirm that it was a known issue and a patch update would indeed be coming, they told me that it is not an issue so they don't know if a patch update will resolve it. Useless!

Wizard

Yeah I recommend Android Messages since its the main app for Android plus Samsung can be slow about patching their Apps. 

Journeyman

i have tried the android messaging app as well and it does not work. Try to turned it on and it says its taking longer and will let me know when it activated.  I started having this issue on my s9+ after i got the onu ui update.  Did a hard reset on my device before i switch to my s10+ same issue.  Thought it was my S9+ but then still had the problem on my s10+ with nothing on it.  The devices never got the promote stating that enhanced messaging has been turned on.  But my wifes and daughters 9 do.  Think something is hung up on the back it and no one knows how to fix it.  Samsung , google and sprint just keep pointing fingers at each other. 

GrandMaster

its possible that with it being a new device it might need a update pushed through from whomever to light it up.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat