cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Issues on S10+

Wizard

Re: RCS Issues on S10+

@Slappynoname  Ok so do a uninstall then reinstall it then walk through the process again you should get a prompt about wanting to active the feature say yes. Then see if it will activate if it hangs you might have to back out and then go back again to start the process again but it should activate. Also make sure that you have no VPN running at the time as well. 

Journeyman

so i have done all of that and it still does not work.  Trust me ....  I am in the Tech support field.  

Wizard

@Slappynoname  Hmm ok well I had the same issue and got it resolved so there something else going on there and it does work as far as RCS goes. Yes there are many in the tech field but again it all depends on the device and what has been done so have you closed the app then done a force stop gone back to try to get it activated?  Also make sure that no VPNS are running.. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's an update as to what I've done so far.  I have abandoned Google Messages for the time being, RCS within Google Messages was intermittently working with more often not working than actually working, and there seemed to be a few other issues with the app itself (night mode not working correctly, keyboard glitches, and random freezes).  I uninstalled Google Messages completely, cleared the data/cache for Samsung Messages.  Within Samsung Messages I activated the Chat Features, still didn't work so I did the steps that @Savededa recommended; 

"I thought I posted this already in here but can't seem to find it. Here's how I'm keeping my rcs working on my s10+ and the exact steps I took. 

Opened Samsung messages app and turned chat off, then back on. 

Made sure my phone had ample cell signal. 

Updated prl and waited for that to successfully upgrade  

Update profile and wait for it to successfully upgrade.

Once I did the profile reset I then restarted my phone. Upon restart my chats were working again and have been since. Make sure when you're updating your prl and profile that you have good signal to sprint towers. I tried this in my basement where I get literally next to nothing and it did not work. "

At first it Chat was still not working within the Samsung Messages App after those steps but after letting it sit for about 10 mins it was working.  Its been working seamlessly all day today (about 12+ hrs so far, which is the longest RCS Chat has been working on my S10+ so far).  I'm hoping it will continue to work, although I prefer the Google Messages app over the Samsung Messages app, I like having the RCS Chat features even more, so I will continue to use Samsung Messages.  My wife is using Google Messages on her Note 5 and the RCS/Chat features work great for her and its working between our phones (both on Sprint) even though she is using the Google app and I'm using the Samsung app.  I will continue to use the Samsung Messages app and will update if it stops working or if there seem to be any disruptions.  I will also update again in a few days to let you all know hows it going.  

Wizard

@banderson099  Yeah that makes sense but I know Android Message RCS works on the S10 so I had issues at first getting it to work. So far it has worked fine so doing those things that I suggested should fix it so it might take a few try's but once those things are done it should work. Again everyone has other things installed on their devices so many times its another app or something else that is causing the issue which will always make it vary from device to device..  So you might have to do that a couple times for it to clear up but keep us updated.  

Journeyman

Thanks @banderson099 ! I just followed what you did and Chat Messages started working yesterday and still is today. One of the messages turned back to teal and sent as sms but that may have to do with the recipient having bad data reception in certain spots at work. I made sure I had Wi-Fi off when I completed the steps, not sure if that made a difference or not. Anyways, it's working for 2 of the 3 people it used to work for. I think the 3rd person needs to do these steps too in order to reset their connection to the RCS Server.

Journeyman

Well those steps worked for a while! It stopped working today and I tried following those steps again with no success this time. Smiley Sad

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat