cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Messaging NOT working on Samsung s8 nor is it working on Android Messages

Journeyman

RCS Messaging NOT working on Samsung s8 nor is it working on Android Messages

Are there any solutions to getting RCS messaging to work on the S8? I've tried the clear data, reset, updated prl, and profile and even downloaded android messages and it still doesn't work.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: RCS Messaging NOT working on Samsung s8 nor is it working on Android Messages

Hi RVillarreal213! Have you toggled the RCS off/on in the Messages settings? What version of Android is that phone running?

Re: RCS Messaging NOT working on Samsung s8 nor is it working on Android Messages

Android Pie

try this: Go into Samsung Messages> Settings> Chat Settings> toggle Rich Communication Settings off> power the phone off for about 3-5 minutes.  power it back on go back in to the app settings and turn it back on.  This should initiate the RCS Server to re-send the signal to the phone. 

Tried that, and even left it off overnight. Even did a full wipe/reset and nothing. 

Let me do some research on this. Can you send us a Private Message with the following info?

Phone # for that galaxy s8

IMEI for that device

best contact email

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat