Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random beeping sounds during call on Galaxy S8

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Random beeping sounds during call on Galaxy S8

My phone makes annoying random beeps during calls. It seems to happen more with some people that others, but I haven't noticed any trend that points to anything in particular. Phone is a Galaxy S8, and it has the latest software update and updated profile and PRL. I have gone into settings and turned off every notification I can find. It is very annoying during calls, and sounds like the person I am talking to is hitting buttons with their face and making a dialing sound. The person on the other end does not hear the beeps.  It is somewhat sporadic (not like a minute timer), and will sometimes make several beeps in short succession and then sometimes go a few minutes without another one. How can I make it stop before I go crazy???

110 REPLIES 110
Highlighted

an agent can dig into the account itself to see if anything in there is causing it. for the life of me i just cant remember what it was that i posted before.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Hello, I'm the original poster of this thread, and still having the same problem. I agree with MikeDrudge that this is not an isolated incident or an issue with a particular phone. In looking at various knowledgebases on the Web, I see quite a few people complaining about this same issue and it seems to happen with many different types of phone. My particular phone is a Galaxy S8, but I have seen iPhone users complaining about the same. My older Galaxy S5 did not do it, but I don't know if that means it wouldn't do it with ANY S5.  I have also seen a few references online by people experiencing the same issue with Verizon and other carriers, so I wonder if it is not even carrier specific, but something that has changed with the overriding technology. 

To recap my particular situation, My biggest issue is when I call my mother on her land line through her cable provider, and it happens no matter which of her different phones she is on. Some days, it doesn't happen more than just a few times during a call, but others it happens constantly while we are connected. It is an irregular interval, most certainly not a "Minute Minder" as some have suggested. Neither of us have an Airave (don't even know what that is) connected. We have eliminated the possibility that it is her accidentally hitting keys on her phone by having her lay the phone down and use the speaker phone. Still happens just the same. It happens whether I am calling from home, or on the road or from work, so it is not location-specific, and it happens no matter whether I initiate the call or she does. Now, although my biggest issue is with calling my elderly Mother, which I do every single day to check in on her, That's not to say it doesn't happen with anyone else. It happens just the same with other people I talk to, although it does seem to be a little less frequently. It happens with people in different states, and people on different providers or landlines. 

Highlighted

i think i spoke with you before in here about this..and you are not running Google Voice or Hangouts where the calls are routed through there...if im remembering right.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Folks, wanted to make you aware that I've sent the information you've provided up to some people in Tech.  I appreciate the thorough answers: multiple device types, not isolated to one carrier, OEM or device, multiple locations, etc. as that info would have been the first questions asked.

I will come back to update when I've heard something but it may be some time.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

My wife just bought a Note 8. Guess what...it's beeping all the time. Randomly. Just like my Galaxy 8. She had a Note 4 and it never happened with it. 

This is maddening. How can someone (a carrier, manufacturer) not figure this out. 

Please....help.

Highlighted

mikedrudge, we're currently investigating what's going on. I sent you a PM so we can forward your devices information for a precise review. Please respond to my Private Message as soon as you can.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Skydevil, I sent you a Private Message asking some information we need for further investigation. Please reply back as soon as you have a chance.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Didn't get a PM yet. Please advise
Highlighted

Just saw the PM so disregard precious msg.

I'm unclear why you need my PIN in order to further investigate.

Highlighted

the agents need access to your account so they can see if there are any existing notes as well as adding in their own etc. they do not have access without your info and permission.
Highlighted

I'm a Sprint Forward customer with a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and also heard it... just thought it was a ping from the towers as it sounded like a beacon (not really a steady rhythm, but constant).  My callers couldn't hear it, so I would hang up and call back a few times until it was gone.  Being pre-paid, we've learned to ignore minor stuff as we've already paid for the month and just cool with having service, data, hot-spot, and Wi-Fi.

-Jay (Detroit)

No issues with me.

Highlighted

Make sure that the devices are running the latest update as well... Just a thought.. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat