cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Activate old number and phone HELP

Journeyman

Re-Activate old number and phone HELP

I have tried for 3 weeks now to reactivate my old Galaxy S7edge with no luck. Have talked to more customer reps that say it will be no problem only to find out 20 minutes need to send it to techs and then never hear back...ugh

I am simply wanting to reactivate an old S7 edge bought new from Sprint although they have said it was a prepaid phone again NO it is not. I give them the IMEI number and theres where falls apart. I need to reactivate my old number in order to bring it over to my acct. fine no problem we need permission from Acct. Holder done now we can add phone I say yea right heard that 10 times and sure enough they come up with reasons they cant we will need to contact IT dept and then I never here back. Is there any true Techs out there that can help ????

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Re-Activate old number and phone HELP

Hi Gjshockey! I can take a look at this.  Was that Galaxy S7 Edge ever activated on Boost, Google Fi or any other prepaid service after you deactivated it with Sprint?

No. Long story short it was with ex girlfriend. I was on her account when we broke up she shut phone off and I had to get new phone and number with Sprint. 2 years later the phone has been paid in full and in January 2019 she had it unlocked which I was told is ok. I was told she will need to do change of ownership which is fine with she called in and did that. We were told the old number would need to be reactivated in order to do change we have never gotten past this step. They have made all kinda claims about my IMEI number such as a Best buy phone or that it was a prepaid phone and I'm here to tell you NO to both I was there at Sprint when we bought new. Believe my problem is customer service rep wants to help but to me its outta there rely I need a IT tech to dig into it first. Thank you for replying
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I can help with this.  Could you please send me a PM with the following info:

IMEI or MEID of that phone

Phone # it was last active on

Name of the account holder it was originally active with.

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat