cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement S10+ issue

Journeyman

Replacement S10+ issue

OK, looking for some help or advice here. I am one of the people that had my original pre-order Galaxy S10+ replaced through Asurion because of the network issues. The process was an absolute nightmare and not one I am at all willing to go through again.

Now the replacement they sent me is having some issues.  It worked fine for several days, I was actually getting great reception all around and was happy with the phone, then the troubles started. 

First it started lagging horribly to the point of freezing up requiring a force restart. This would happen every hour or so.  After all the usual troubleshooting steps failed I finally ended up just resorting to a factory reset.  It doesn't lag or freeze as often now though it still occasionally does, twice in the past 2 days so far.  I see zero point in another factory reset since that obviously didn't 100% fix the issue when I already tried that.

Now it seems to be randomly restarting, several times when I have unlocked the phone I get the screen telling me to enter my PIN after restart even though I didn't initiate a restart.

The latest problems are call related. The phone has dropped calls twice today already and when I am on a call using my bluetooth headset even though the bluetooth is connected the call randomly transfers back to the phone. This just happened again while on a business call and the other party hung up because they assumed we were disconnected when they could no longer hear me. 

I am not at all happy with this replacement phone but I am also absolutely not filing another claim through Asurion after that nightmare process I went through with them already.  Don't bother referring me to a Sprint corporate store, there isn't one anywhere near me.  At this point I'd be willing to drive more than 50 miles to get to a corporate store but I don't think there is one in the entire state and travelling hundreds of miles to get to one obviously isn't an option. The only Sprint store in my area is a retail one. Do I have any option that would allow me to return this dud of a phone and get another one that actually works at the retail store ??

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Replacement S10+ issue

Hi Kab! Can you send us a Private Message? We can look into having a replacement sent to you without having to drive to a store that far away. 

Re: Replacement S10+ issue

PM sent, thank you!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat