Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Mobile data/RIL Notifier errors? Thread Closed

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Resolved: Mobile data/RIL Notifier errors? Thread Closed

***********UPDATE*************

This issue was occurring with the S8 and is resolved.  If you have a different model of phone, it is likely caused by another issue.  Please search for a current discussion on the topic or create a new thread.

As pointed out the agents are gathering information to be sent for investigation into this issue.

Community Social Care agents will need each of you running into this issue to send them a private message containing the information below.  Please send in a private message, do not post it in this thread.  If you already provided this info after reading other thread or because a Social Care agent asked for it, you do not need to send a new message.

What is needed? -

- Your name and phone number

- A zip code and closest cross streets or specific address where this occurs most often.  Your home address is fine if it pretty much happens in your home travelling area.

- The device model you have (S8? S8+? some other devices are also having this problem)

- The serial number of the device you have.  Serial number is located on your box and in Settings > About Device

- Troubleshooting steps you have already done.

Please add into the subject title "RilNotifier notification issues" so agents aren't getting a random PM with no idea what the info inside means.  The agents you will be contacting for this are:

@Sprint_Jeffrey

@Sprint_Juan

@XXXIna

@Sprint_Ciara

@Sprint_Carlos

Just click on their name and hit "Send Message" in their profile screen.

Please DO NOT POST your private information in this thread.

Keep in mind this thread is being created to help speed this process up by providing information for the investigation. Mods and admin may move posts out to keep the thread on point.

Samsung and Sprint have an active investigation but that's all we know right now. Periodically someone may stop by and leave an update.  When the source of the issue is found, we may or may not get an update or root cause.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
14 REPLIES 14
GrandMaster

Re: Mobile data/RIL Notifier errors? Read this first!

And please do NOT send any of this information to me. I am only assisting with this to keep it on point and to help things go a bit smoother.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

This issue is believed to be resolved.  If you are still experiencing it on a regular basis, please create a new thread. Smiley Happy

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

How has this issue be resolved? 

My S8 is 3 month's old and it is doing the same thing,that everyone is having an issue with.

It started tonight at around 7pm est. Never had this happen to me before.

Please advise,Thank's

Alex.

Sprint Social Care

Hi CHUMS17! We have received your private message, I will reply to you shortly.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same trouble.  I recently purchased a pre-owned S8+ (which, btw I love).  I did forcestop it because it was annoying.  Please advise..........

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

GrandMaster

what update is your phone currently on?

Journeyman

Journeyman

G955USQU2CRC51/G955UOYN2CRC51/G955USQU2CRC5
The "Oh" could be a zero
GrandMaster

youre a tad bit behind the curve when it comes to the OS updates.. you should be on Oreo

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Galaxy-S8-S8-Owners-Who-s-ready-for-some-Ore...

Journeyman

my phone did an update 7/17/2018 and now so I get this error with Rilnotifier.

Journeyman

I'm curious...is this investigation an investigation into imposter cell towers possibly? Ones that are hacking the Sprint OMADM on unpatched devices through fake software updates? Do the hackers then silently reprovision their phones and install UI blocks to prevent them from uninstalling key parts of their hacked systems? Cuz if my theory is right... my devices are likely hacked to be fake towers or I'm fairly close to one in proximity. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat