cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RilNotifier

Journeyman

RilNotifier

** Update** Please see new thread here Mobile Data Errors/RIL Notifier?  Click here!  for reporting instructions if you are experiencing this issue.  Sprint and Samsung are in the process of investigating **

I'm consistently having this issue where this notification pops up saying I don't have conectivity but I do. I've contacted support and updated my profile and PRL and nothing seems to work. The only way to get the notification to go away is to force stop the app. Is anybody else having this issue?

Tags (1)
77 REPLIES 77
Sprint Social Care

Re: RilNotifier

prestonmiller91

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please try these steps as a work around: To turn off notifications on an app: Go to settings > notifications and toggle off notifications for the app you don't want to hear from. Or, when you get a notification you don't like, drag it slowly to the right and you'll see a settings icon, tap that to go to the settings for that app.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hey thanks for the help but the app doesn't have that option as it is a part of the OS somehow.
Master

prestonmiller91, does this happen on both Mobile data and Wi-Fi? On multiple locations?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. While on data and Wi-Fi in multiple locations
Wizard

Frist power cycle the phones second make sure Wi - Fi Calling is not and and make sure your Wi Fi is not on as well. 

Journeyman

No just on data I have not noticed it on Wi-Fi
Sprint Social Care

prestonmiller91, Were you able to power-cycle the device? If so, do you still experiencing the same issue?

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes mine and my wife's phone is doing the same thing. called Sprint even sent one back one they replaced it with those the same thing looks like the S8 Plus for Sprint is trash
Sprint Social Care

Hi prestonmiller91, sam15195928 and Gkmmcfarva.

What is the make and model of the device? Is it a Specific notification or the notification for all the apps?

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My S8+ does the same thing.  At least once a day.  To get rid of the notification, I am forced to long press the notification, go to settings and force stop it.  Later, without a phone restart, the app or whatever it is just restarts itself, and if triggered, shows back up.

I get that it is a function of losing connectivity with LTE, but I have data roaming turned on, and the notification fails to clear itself once a connection is re-established.  Hoping for a software update to correct this.  It is not associated with any specific program, it is a system failure.

I can't seem to post a screen shot, but the entire message says,

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

LTE: ESM -31  EMM - x

Journeyman

Here we go.  Had be register first...

Screenshot_20170504-080909.png

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat