cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RilNotifier

Highlighted
Journeyman

RilNotifier

** Update** Please see new thread here Mobile Data Errors/RIL Notifier?  Click here!  for reporting instructions if you are experiencing this issue.  Sprint and Samsung are in the process of investigating **

I'm consistently having this issue where this notification pops up saying I don't have conectivity but I do. I've contacted support and updated my profile and PRL and nothing seems to work. The only way to get the notification to go away is to force stop the app. Is anybody else having this issue?

77 REPLIES 77
Highlighted

for the moment try going into your settings-mobile data and changing it from Automatic TO cdma/lte only. then run it for a while and see if it still happens.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Good tip.  Hadn't thought of that.  I have changed the setting.  We will see if the problem is solved.

Let you know in a couple of days.

Thanks!

Highlighted

its not unheard of but i have ran across a few devices here and there where automatic doesnt switchou t nearly as quickly from one signal to another resulting in what youre seeing. CDMA/LTE should fix that b. if it does then odds are at some point you guys will be receiving an update at some point for minor bug fixes and adjustments.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Nope.

Didn't work.

Screenshot_20170505-082240.jpg

Highlighted

im not seeing any additional notes on this update but you never fully know if everything they are fixing is noted or not. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-8/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-S8-SM-G955U-G950USQU1AQDE/m-p/... .
Highlighted

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Rilnotifier it says mobile data connection error. My wife's S8 Plus gets this popup. plus my S8 plus gets it also. I sent one S8 plus back because of the pop up
Highlighted

It is the s8 plus and there is no pattern to the notification. It just says can not establish a data connection even though I have a connection...fix this please.
Highlighted

I have the S8. Mine just started this issue today. I did the update that was released yesterday and I have the same issue
Highlighted

Hey Danchondo! Have you tried using a different connection, such as Wi-Fi? Also, did you try the previous troubleshooting steps provided above?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am continuing to haved this issue on my s8 plus and have not found a successful workaround... please fix.....
Highlighted

this is something Samsung is going to need to kick out a fix for. the carrier can only work with them to try and find a fix and test their update to make sure nothing gets messed up.
Highlighted

Yes but I don't see this issue on any other carriers...which means it is probably a Sprint issue...
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat