cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RilNotifier

Journeyman

Re: RilNotifier

Hello prestonmiller91, please, provide us with that information. This is in order for us to have more details of the issue and find the best resolution to the same. Are you getting the notification from a specific App or several Apps? What is the make and model of the device? A screenshot would be very helpful! We await for your response.

Caro
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same issue here.  Just got the S8 yesterday.

I think it happened when I entered the parking garage at work, where I usually lose signal.  When I arrived at my desk, I checked my phone and I had the RilNotifier notification, despite having a full LTE connection at this point.  I had to force stop the application in order to get rid of it.

Hope this is fixed soon for those of us that are more **bleep** retentive about our notifications Smiley Happy

Sprint Social Care

U-Volt, In the meantime, have you been able to perform any of the troubleshooting steps provided previously? If so, were you able to experience any results?

Kryshna 

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Happening to my S8+ which has message:

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

LTE: ESM-31 EMM-x

Have tried on and off of wifi, wifi calling off and on, and with network settings set to Automatic and LTE/CDMA. With all possible combinations of the aforementioned settings the error message still comes up.

Furthermore, I would like to metion that if the recommendation to this issue is to "use wifi instead of data" or to "shut off notifications" that these are not solutions. This is cannot become a "hold your phone like this to make calls" like with the iPhone. This is either a hardware issue in which case the phone is defective, or software which needs to be address by Sprint releasing an update or working with Samsung/Google to address the issue. 

P.S. Hardware looks unlikely because it is a very specific issue that appears to be happening to only Sprint people as far as I've heard.

Edit: Even though this message is displayed I still have full network connectivity (off of wifi).

GrandMaster

its more than likely how the phone is actually reading the signal..which means Samsung is going to need to kick out a update to adjust this.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just mentioned Sprint as releasing an update as they are the last hands to touch the update.

Sprint Social Care

Hello sergeantcc4.

Thanks for reaching out. For information on the latest update release, just visit http://newsroom.sprint.com/

Juan
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

@seargentcc4 correct. the carrier is the end pusher...well technically they do the final test and the OEM kicks it out over the carriers network..speaking of..everyone is up to snuff on the last update that was pushed out starting the 5th correct?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hello Sprint Caro, Jeffery, and Juan,

Thanks for checking in to this issue.  Asking us if we have tried the previous steps to resolve the issue is not helpful, as those steps do not resolve the issue.

I posted two previous screen shots of the agrivating notification in this thread, tried all of the "work arounds", which are not resolutions, and even updated the software when available.  

Problem still occurs multiple times a day.  Only way to remove the notification is a force close of RilNotifier.

Please get this fixed, as it is not conducive to a good Sprint experience.

Thank you,

Journeyman

Screenshot_20170513-114616.pngScreenshot_20170423-173150.pngScreenshot_20170423-173704.png

Journeyman

I get this literally 2 times a day and the only way to get rid of it is to force stop the app. @sprint fix this please!
Sprint Social Care

We sent this up for review. We'll reach out to you with an update as soon as we get to the root cause of the issue.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat