Journeyman

Re: RilNotifier

I'm running Software Version G955USQU1AQDE, Build: NRD90M.G955USQ1AQDE

Enforcing:

SEPF-SECMOBILE_7.0_0007

Thu Apr 27 16:02:28 2017

Journeyman

I am also having this problem, I have had sprint service for 14 days. I was already given a new phone, 15 minutes later i get the same error. New sim card too. Sprint had me call samsung and samsung said its a data connection issue, nothing they can fix. Now sprint wants me to start dealing with the "warranty" I am about to take my 5 lines back to t-mobile where i never had this issue.

Sprint Social Care

superjew78,

Hello there! I completely understand your frustration regarding this matter. This situation is currently under investigation, please bear with us while we try to get to the root cause of this matter.

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Kryshna wrote:

superjew78,

Hello there! I completely understand your frustration regarding this matter. This situation is currently under investigation, please bear with us while we try to get to the root cause of this matter.

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

well when i called customer care they had no idea what i was talking about and said they never heard of this issue

GrandMaster

out of curiosity. when this pops up for everyone do you still have a net connection or does that drop as well? as in the notification is there but you can still use data just fine?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
out of curiosity. when this pops up for everyone do you still have a net connection or does that drop as well? as in the notification is there but you can still use data just fine?

Yep my data is fine

Journeyman

I too am getting this multiple times per day!!!  It is unbeliveably frustrating!!!   I never had this problem before, have been with Sprint for 10 years, got the Samsung Galaxy S8 and a week later it started   I AM AT MY WITS END!!!  Sprint you need to figure out a permanent fix!!!  I have tried every trouble shooting tip everyone has mentioned  and it doesnt fix it!!

Journeyman

I, too, am having issues on my S8.  I've received 2 different mobile data connection error codes. I've received the error over LTE and over wifi.

LTE:

Unable to establish a mobile data connection

LTE:  ESM - 31  EMM - x

Wi-Fi:
Unable to establish a mobile data connection

LTE: ESM - x  EMM - 11

I've also noticed there is a very significant lag in switching between LTE/Wi-Fi networks.

Sprint Social Care

NIKWIZ24, we understand this is a frustrating situation and we are currently working as quickly as possible to identify the permanent solution. We'd like to get some information about this issue so we can research further. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you can so we can assist you.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hello DIESELBUG, have you tried the troubleshooting steps previously provided. If so, please send me a Private Message by clicking on my name and selecting "send a message". Please include the nearest cross streets and ZIP codes where this is happening along with the ESN or MEID number of your phone. I'll be waiting for your response.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

im going out on a limb and swinging for the fences on this guess but to me it sounds like its misreading one of the LTE signal bands..i doubt its the 1900mhz or it would be showing up WAY more...im guessing its either the 800mhz LTE or the 2500mhz LTE that it is misreading and kicking out that notification..it still handles the signal but for whatever reason it kicks that notification..so again Samsung is going to need to make some adjustments on their end on how this phone reads certain signals to eliminate this issue.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Folks, I have sent off an email regarding this problem to my device quality team (the people who tend to head these investigations.  I appreciate the screenshots, that helped a lot.  

I typically have a call with the team during the week, I'll ask about it on that call as well.  Sometimes it can take a bit for an investigation or a fix but if I get any news I will share it here.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat