cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RilNotifier

Journeyman

Re: RilNotifier

It is possible that they do not know because it may be a very small percentage of people having this issue. What you see on this thread is a bunch of people replying talking about this issue what you may not realize is that on the phone and in the store employees might be seeing lots of S8 customers having no issue at all. For example I am in contact with many S8 users and someone just finally today asked me about this and I had no clue of it. He assumed that everyone was having this issue. That may be why stores, care, etc has not heard of it. Doesn't mean its not being worked on.
GrandMaster

As pointed out the agents are trying to gather information to help narrow down the cause of this issue.

The agents will need each of you running into this issue to send them a private message containing your

What is needed?

- zip code and closest cross streets (if this clears up in certain locations but pops back up in others please point these locations out as well in your pm with close by cross streets included so they can look at specific locations)

- The device model you have (S8? S8+?  some other devices are also having this problem)

- The serial number of the device you have

- Troubleshooting steps you have done and if it helped ever for a short amount of time..

Please add into the subject title "RilNotifier notification issues" so they know what this is about prior to them even opening the pm. The agents you will be contacting for this are @Sprint_Jeffrey @Sprint_Juan @XXXIna @Sprint_Ciara @Sprint_Carlos  

Just click on their name and hit "Send Message"

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

I've marked @fireguy_6364's post as the "accepted solution" not because it's fixed but because doing so makes his post very easy to find.  Fireguy works with us sometimes on things like this because he's been around a long time.

Please DO NOT send this information to fireguy himself, send it to an agent.  Agents are sending the information off to the device team I mentioned before for investigation.  Once you and other customers have given us the info it may still be some time before the issue is fully resolved.  We may get a notification that they know what's wrong, we might get a work around, we may not hear a thing or find that it's briefly mentioned in MR notes.  We might not hear anything but find that it just stops.  Just want everybody to be prepared Smiley Happy

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

So i have had this service for 15 days and now its sit and wait till a fix is implemented. I switched from t-mobile and i am regretting it every day

GrandMaster

what is needed to try and get this figured out was posted above.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i have already done that but in the mean time now its a waiting game. Nothing like buying a new product and immediately having to wait for it to work properly

Wizard

Ok so trying to dig through all of this so you can not make calls or is the phone not connection keeps dropping? What kind error messages are you getting now on the device or what is not currently working?

GrandMaster

superjew..you must be new to the smart phone world..because stuff like this happens a LOT..with all carriers..which is why the OEM kicks out bug fix updates..the majority of the people reporting this are still able to use their phones data just fine minus that notification popping up. are you saying you cant use the data at all?
Wizard

LOL. Yeah it amazes me how many people have issues overall there many times people have done things to the devices that we just don't know about. Rather that might be some kind of App that's causing the problem or something else that they have done to the device. Overall there should not be really any major issues that being said that does not mean things don't come out. Everyone home aera will vary which means everyone network will vary from place to place its that way with any carrier. Then there are some that no matter what the device is or the carrier will find a way to break something. Either way for the most part folks should not have any major issues but yes there are times a few just get a buggy device just something odly wrong with it. But for the most part people should Not have any major issues. Not matter what we will try to help if we can.. Smiley Happy 

GrandMaster

unfortunately things tend to slide through at times and whalla...a problem that was never noticed..imean heck...look at some of the other devices in the past that started out with an issue or devices that pop up with an issue after an update..same deal..they must pull in all the info they can and relay that to the OEM so it can be looked into and figured out. been this way since day one of smart phones..are you running into this with your S8 Ship?
Wizard

No my S8 has been running smooth from the start so no issues so far... Smiley Happy 

GrandMaster

nice.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat