Journeyman

Re: RilNotifier

Mobile data connection error
LTE ESM-31 EMM-X
FIX THIS S8+
TIRED OF THE CRAP
Journeyman

I am having this same problem.  I don't think this is WiFi related, it seems to be a tower hand off problem.  The only thing that fixes it is toggling data.  Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile Data.  Turn it off for a few seconds then turn it back on.  It clears the error.   

Wizard

For those having this issue you might power down the device and remove and reinsert your SIM card then power the device back up to see if that will clear this error up. Smiley Happy 

Community Manager

Just a quick note, I don't even want to call it an update:  both Samsung and Sprint are looking hard at the problem.  The very best and quickest way to have his fixed quickly it is to send the requested information off to an agent.  Just to refresh here's what your message should contain:

- Subject line that describes your problem: "RILNotifier Error Galaxy S8" would be pretty good

- Your phone model number

- Phone's serial number

- Your zip code

You should probably also include your phone number or the agents may ask for it.

@ShipWreck appreciate the help but looks like it doesn't clear with minor troubleshooting.  Having accidentally unseated the SIM in my test unit while trying to install an SD card, I wouldn't advise customers to mess with it unless Sammy decides that's the fix.  That seems unlikely, given the very little I know about the current investigation.  Also yes, my fingers are made of butter.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Wizard

Pulling the SIM out and putting it back in will not hurt anything a similar error message has been seen before on other devices besides the S8. So like I said people can pull out the SIM and people already have to do this anyway if the ever want to add a SD Card to the device. So this is a function that is normal in some cases especially dealing with errors like this. So like I said you might just pull the part out that holds the SIM you shouldn't have to pull the SIM out but just pull the part out and put it back in that holds the SIM. 

Journeyman

Thanks for staying on top of this, Seawolf.  Hey how do you contact an agent?  Is there an email address or something?  I just poked around in the "contact us" section and I didn't see anything. 

GrandMaster

scroll back up to my post or at the very beggining of this thread click on the correct answer tab and it will take you to my post. the agents names should be hyper linked (in blue). click on one of their names
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello Stratman103.

My name is Juan, I am with the Sprint Social Care Team. We want to help. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is VERY annoying!!!  Let me help you out.  This doesn't seem to be an app at all.  It isn't on the app list. If I had to venture a guess I'd say it's some sort of software/system issue but that's only a guess.  If you looked through the post people have posted a screen shot of what we're seeing. 

I'd also appreciate it if Sprint would take the "solved" status away because several pages of new posts later I think makes it pretty clear it isn't solved.

GrandMaster

its recommend that you read the part where its explained WHY my post was marked as answered. and then follow the instructions on how its needing to be reported in for info gathering on Sprints side.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm curious WHY this would be marked "solved" when it isn't ?? Asking for more information so they can narrow down what is happening is NOT solving an issue. People don't spend way too much money on phones & service to have to keep doing these temporary solutions or having these errors constantly pop up.

GrandMaster

no it doesnt solve it..it does however point you to what is needed to try and get this taken care of.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat