cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ June update

Journeyman

S10+ June update

Usually Sprint has been pretty good with the monthly updates, with them coming in the middle of month basically. Right now it's the 26th with no update, what's the deal? 

Also, the entire rest of the world outside if the US has night mode on their camera already, but no US carrier does yet. When will Sprint get off their ass and add that feature? It's ridiculous that ONLY America does not have it yet and other countries have had it for months already!

30 REPLIES 30
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: S10+ June update

I just updated my phone last week, and I have a note 9. What version of software update do you currently have?

GrandMaster

probably because they get EVERYTHING before we do...seeing as how the majority of the devices are created out there.

been this way since the first smart phones..this is nothing new.

as for the camera nite mode...hard to point a finger at Sprint when as you pointed out NONE of the U.S carriers have this ability on their phones either..probably a reason for this.

@Mistermidas wrote:

Usually Sprint has been pretty good with the monthly updates, with them coming in the middle of month basically. Right now it's the 26th with no update, what's the deal? 

Also, the entire rest of the world outside if the US has night mode on their camera already, but no US carrier does yet. When will Sprint get off their ass and add that feature? It's ridiculous that ONLY America does not have it yet and other countries have had it for months already!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

HI MisterMidas! While we're typically pretty good about getting the SW updates out for the Samsung devices, it does take a bit for them to get approved by our internal teams to ensure everything runs smoothly with the device on our network.  Unfortunately, the features contained within the May update for Exynos Galaxy S10 models(EMEA/Global Models) have yet to reach the Snapdragon models (which are what we get in the US), so you won’t see these improvements on your own S10 quite yet.

I'm an S10 user myself and would love this feature, especially with a lot of fireworks displays coming up in next week!   

If have a note 9, then you getting an update last week is irrelevant to the s10 getting updates...
Journeyman

That's true as far as updates go, foreign, rather European/Asian countries getting it before us... I'm not too concerned about that. It's moreso the fact that we don't have the camera night mode update AT ALL yet, when other countries have had it since April.

And yes, it's not only a Sprint problem, but they definitely have not been part of the solution either. So they are not off the hook for providing a solution for it, especially when I'm only honestly concerned with Sprint since that's my carrier. 

Journeyman

I don't want to sound like the disgruntled customer guy, but that really doesn't make me feel any better saying basically "just wait more". And I can't understand how it would make anyone feel better. All features should be available to all phones off the same model, it makes no sense to me at all why they wouldn't be. The chipset in the phone shouldnt cause a 2 month delay in upgrading features, that's ridiculous.
GrandMaster

lets take a lil gander at the other carriers and see where their June update is at..whelp...Verizon is still on May (same as Sprint)...lets look at TMO..well thats weird..they are still on ASBA..which was in March...

where could the possible delay be coming from if not the carrier?...the manufacturer perhaps? seeing as how they ran into so many issues with the S10 line to begin with across the board?

you keep bringing up other countries like that matters here..

@Mistermidas wrote:

That's true as far as updates go, foreign, rather European/Asian countries getting it before us... I'm not too concerned about that. It's moreso the fact that we don't have the camera night mode update AT ALL yet, when other countries have had it since April.

And yes, it's not only a Sprint problem, but they definitely have not been part of the solution either. So they are not off the hook for providing a solution for it, especially when I'm only honestly concerned with Sprint since that's my carrier. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

then its highly recommended that you bring this up with the creators...Samsung..and let them know how you feel about this.

@Mistermidas wrote:
I don't want to sound like the disgruntled customer guy, but that really doesn't make me feel any better saying basically "just wait more". And I can't understand how it would make anyone feel better. All features should be available to all phones off the same model, it makes no sense to me at all why they wouldn't be. The chipset in the phone shouldnt cause a 2 month delay in upgrading features, that's ridiculous.

Journeyman

Tmobile, Sprint and Verizon are on the same software. The version names are only different because Sprint had LTE patches dude....
GrandMaster

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-update/

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-40111

seeing as how TMO's notes say the last update was in March..

which even if they WERE all on the same current update...that would yet again point out where the delay currently is..with the manufacturer

Journeyman

So, that's wrong because Tmobile got an update on 5/18. My wife has a work s10+ and i literally watched her update the phone.

Anyway, based on your responses you seem to be ok with not having all the futures you're supposed to have, whether it be the carrier or the manufacturers problem.  

If you had a friend with a certain car, and you went and bought that exact same car model because you liked the features on your friend's car so much, ONLY to find out it's missing some just because it was manufactured in a different part of the world, wouldn't that upset you? If not, then good for you, but it just means you're happy with NOT getting what you pay for.

Edit: They received their update on 5/16, my wife updated hers on 5/18 

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39499#steps2

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat