cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ June update

GrandMaster

Re: S10+ June update

i have been on the smart phone boat long enough to know that if a feature pops up that a phone is supposed to have over in Europe then it'll be a while before we get it here in the states..no matter how impatient i am. THAT is out of not only my hands as a consumer...but also out of the carriers hands seeing as how it must come from the manufacturer in the first place.

as i pointed out before..and it still sticks..(as you just showed) ALL the carriers are stuck on the May update for this phone..so unless you are saying Sprint is the one holding up the June update for their phones as well as holding up the other carriers June updates then that kind of points at the culprit that is currently slacking....which more than likely means its either having issues OR they might be adding in some other things other than the security patch and THOSE are running into issues.

personally i would rather they keep working ANY update they are planning on kicking to a device until its as issue free as possible rather than scream about wanting it right now and getting a update full of bugs and issues...but thats me

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So, as of July 2nd, ATT, Verizon and T-Mobile all have updates confirmed to include the night mode feature. So, therefore not the manufacturer has included it and the carriers have it. Yet, Sprint still had two to include it in an update. 

So, going back to my original statement.... Sprint needs to get off their ass and provide this update!!

GrandMaster

or Samsung needs to figure out the issues they are probably running into and fix them so they can get the go ahead to release the update.

im also willing to bet they are going to include more than the security patch and camera enhancements..more than likely they are also including bug fixes...if they can figure out said bugs.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Seems to me if the updates have finally got here to the US, them Samsung all be it slow, had figured out whatever issues there are and delivered their solution to the US carriers. Now it's literally Sprint's issue only. Also, the other carriers updates do have more than security patches and camera updates, it's just those are the important features I've been waiting on.

I swear you must be Sprint's CEO or something because you have an excuse for every Sprint fu#$up I've mentioned this far, when really there is no excuse.

GrandMaster

"when it gets to the U.S" is a tad bit inaccurate..you do understand that Samsung is a Korean company correct? heck the majority of the manufacturers are over there..which is why they get updates WELL before we do..we being the U.S..so add onto knowing that and the time differences IF a problem is found..how quickly do you think they are able to converse back and forth about the problems? they dont just ship the update here and there yuh go carriers..kick it out..Samsung in this case is the one adding in everything over there..then kicking out a tester to in this case Sprint to test and if all passes Sprint gives the go ahead to kick it out to their devices over Sprints network..if problems are found then the wonderful world of back and forth tag starts happening.

and no..i just tend to have a higher understanding of how it actually works compared to the average person in here Smiley Wink

hell i'll even drop you the full run down posted by TMO..which is pretty much verbatim to what im saying here when it comes to updates..

https://support.t-mobile.com/community/community/news-updates/blog/2018/04/16/software-updates-expla...

specifically this part

What happens next?

Once the software's built, the device manufacturer creates a version for testing -- called a "release candidate" -- customized for T-Mobile's network and services (think Visiual Voicemail and Wi-Fi Calling), and sends it to our fantastic device team for review. The OS update test period is usually conducted by selected T-Mobile employees over the span of a few weeks. Some manufacturers use public beta programs to test release candidates before they're fine-tuned, so be on the lookout for public testing opportunities if you're into adventure!

The last thing T-Mobile wants to do is release an update without ensuring stability. If the update doesn't work as expected with our network and services, the software goes back to development to be fixed. When the update passes the tests, then T-Mobile determines a release schedule, and we share it with you in the Software Updates document for your specific phone in the Devices page.

So when do I get an update?

We're all super eager to get new software, but we never want a software version that's not up to our standards sent to our customers! We ask for your patience and promise that as soon as the software's approved, your device manufacturer will push rolling updates.

think of the chaos the S10 line went through with one of their updates recently...pretty sure the testing departments are going over anything from them with a fine tooth comb now

anywho..pretty much verbatim right? and this would be from another carrier as to how it happens.

Journeyman

Lol, dude you're funny. I totally understand how updates work, that verbatim quote explanation is totally unnecessary. We will just have to agree to disagree, because bottom line is that the update had been released and it's available for US carriers and Sprint HASN'T released it. Regardless of what their reasoning is, they HAVEN'T UPDATED, period.  And the update is what I'm looking for, NOT a reason why it hasn't been, especially when i know there is one available. 

So, you keep making excuses Mr Sprint CEO, because you obviously like to be short changed for what you're paying for ✌️

Journeyman

When we bought our phones we didn't even know about what future updates would bring to our devices like improved night mode and so on so the car analogy is really weak. I would rather wait for the bugs to be worked out than have the updates rushed to us because of a bunch of crybabies making stupid analogies. Just calm down and be patient and wait for the update like a big boy! 

Journeyman

When we bought our phones, we... At least I, expected for ALL if the phones to have the same updates available when they are released. And the point is that all the other carriers have worked out there kinks, so their is no excuse for Sprint not to have done the same. 

Dude, go away.  At least fireguy tried to provide some useful information, you just sound like a moron talking about wait like a big boy. 

Journeyman

Ok, so as of July 8th, even Canada is receiving the update.

Really what is the holdup with Sprint?? Because at this point every carrier worldwide has received this update, and it's ONLY Sprint that hasn't released the camera night mode update and June security patch yet.

Wizard

S10's have been getting the updates towards the end of the month my guess June will be more towards the end of July. 

GrandMaster

a nice lil read on the possible hold up for the June update.

im saying possible but i have a feeling its the reason why..its not a simple small issue that is springing up.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Problem-Solvers/Samsung-has-released-June-firmware-update-for-S10-wi...

Journeyman

Thanks, that provides at least SOME insight on what the holdup possibly could be. I just wish Sprint could speak for themselves and say exactly if that's the problem or not.  Rather than needing a fellow Sprint subscriber to provide more information than I've got, from the company I actually pay monthly services for...

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

a nice lil read on the possible hold up for the June update.

im saying possible but i have a feeling its the reason why..its not a simple small issue that is springing up.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat