cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Video Calling

Journeyman

S10 Video Calling

I spoke with a representative a few weeks ago who mentioned this video chatting services between Samsung Galaxy phones was coming to sprint.

My sisters and partners have S10s but in different carriers and i am the only one who needs to go about a third party application to video chat with them.

Is there any validity to what i was told a possibly a time frame?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: S10 Video Calling

Hey Kangorilla! We don't have a timeframe as of yet.  The built-in video call service relies on VoLTE which we're rolling out this year.  If you've all got the Galaxy S10e, you should have Google Duo pre-loaded as the default video chat app.

In my area (Miami, FL) we now have VOLTE, is there a way to enable this service?

It will be coming with a software update pushed out to the phones.  It's not enabled yet. 

Thanks
Journeyman

New customer to sprint. Wondering when that update will roll out to enable video chat. 

Hi John! Still no word on that. We're still rolling out VoLTE across the us, which needs to be active for that to have full functionality and integration in the phone app on the device. 

In the mean time, you can still use Google Hangouts, Google Duo, or Facebook Messenger among other 3rd party apps for video calls 

Just checking again.. Still no video calling?  

New customer.. 

Tags (1)

Hey there! It's still not integrated into the phone app on Android.  Your best bet is still to use Google Hangouts or Duo for video calls.  

I've been hornswaggled. 

Hornswaggled? How so? What phone are you using?

S10+s for 3 on our plan. When we switched from Verison 2 weeks ago part of my selling point was video calling because I like to see who I am talking to. Just not happy that it isn't available. I also don't like having to use Google or any other app to video call. Its 2019.. Shouldn't have to. Note: my criticisms are meant for construction not destruction as I really want to give Sprint a chance here.

Just my two cents though. 

Ooh and thanks for your time.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat