cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Video Calling

Journeyman

Re: S10 Video Calling

VOLTE has been out for at least a year from what I was told by Sprint Retailers. 

I had been with Sprint for YEARS and left to Tmobile. It was night and day. I had no idea what I was missing while in Sprint. I find out sad that in this technologically advanced era, where AT&T, Verizon and Tmobile all had talk and surf years before Sprint and now Sprint is the ONLY major carrier that lacks the use of Samsung's native video call function. 

I too feel bamboozled. I thought VOLTE was the solution to all that woed Sprint. Oh how I was wrong. 

Journeyman

Hopefully now with the t mobile merger Sprint's service will become better. Whenever I go over my data the voice quality really sucks. I'm using duo for video calling.
Journeyman

The merger was approved at the end of July, but does that mean it was finalized? Just wondering how much Sprint customers have to suffer?

Journeyman

I have VoLTE on my note 10+ I did notice the video button there as it was never on any other phone.  But I have yet to call someone and the button is lit for me to push,  either their phones hasnt updated or I don't have many galaxy user friends lol 20190927_001550.jpg

Tags (2)
Journeyman

I've noticed the video icon on my previous galaxy notes 7-9 and I was always able to use, but I was on another carrier. It wasn't until I switched the Sprint that I noticed that while there was an icon, it was not usable. 

Journeyman

So I have VoLTE and I have yet to call someone and have the ability to video chat, the button is there ( new) but not lit. Even when I call ppl I know for sure has the feature. So is this only sprint to sprint?20190927_001550.jpg

Journeyman

If Sprint had the native Samsung Video Call function available on their network, you could video call other Samsung phones that has the native video call enabled, which would be anyone that has a S8 (possibly S7) or newer, as the other carriers (AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile) have the functionality. Sprint simply doesn't offer the functionality, not even Sprint to Sprint.

Journeyman

So sad... and VoLTE has been "rolling out" since my note 8 why is sprint taking so long??? And absolutely NOBODY who works for sprint has a clue. Smh. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Have you tried video chatting in other locations?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Hmm, *fingers crossed*
Journeyman

What firmware are you on?
Journeyman

I've tried using the video calling throughout my county. I've also tried using it while in another state and no it didn't work. I've even had a Sprint rep call me and ask if I wanted to cancel my service because I was still within my 30 day period and they don't have any idea if the feature will ever be available in their network. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat