Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Video Calling

Highlighted

Re: S10 Video Calling

Thanks for that info. I'm going to see if I can find any answers on this.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

@kangorilla 

Build number
PPR1.180610.011.N975USQU1ASHB

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok @Megntron_Sprint, but I have no hope that you'll find something out. I've spent almost all of September 2019 submitting tech inquiries on this matter. After about 13 or so inquiries, that is when I was contacted by Sprint and advised the enabled feature was no where on Sprint's radar and to cancel my service if that feature was so important to me.  If it weren't for the 50% off phones which allowed me to upgrade my broken son's phone for his birthday, I wouldn't have switched from T-Mobile to Sprint (AT&T and Verizon weren't on my list to switch to because of their high monthly plans, but they both have excellent coverage, so I guess you get what you pay for). I've even gone as far as to tweet Samsung to have them remove Sprint from carrying  their phones if Sprint can't accommodate the working of native features. Unfortunately, I've not gotten any response from my tweet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

**update*** with the latest updates the live video button has since been removed so I guess that's our answer

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed that the video call icon was removed as well. I stand by what I said previously, Sprint is the least equipped major carrier.  I can't believe that they are even considered a major carrier. Had it not been for Sprint having a B1G1 deal on the Note 10+, had my screen not started to get dark spots dark in some of the display areas of my Note 8 and my son's S8+ not being cracked up beyond repair, I would have stayed put with TMobile.  As soon as my phones are paid off, I'm switching, especially since Samsung isn't for their phones like Apple is. I haven't ever heard of facetime not working on ANY carrier!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi Tlc1curry2 ! I understand that this may be an important feature for you. This is a feature that works with voice over LTE Still.
We're still rolling out VoLTE across the us, which needs to be active for that to have full functionality and integration in the phone app on the device. 

In the mean time, you can other 3rd party apps for video calls. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Ciara How long does it take to roll out? VoLTE was one of the selling points to keep me with Sprint back in September 2019 (I received a dud phone from an authorized dealer and went to a corporate store that advised me the phone should receive photos/texts and surf the net while on a call, so I returned the dud to the authorized dealer and purchased from the corporate store and sure enough, I was able to receive photos/texts and surf the net while on a call) and was told at that time it had been out since October 2018. I believe the video call feature should be available to those whose VoLTE is currently working. Why should anyone have to suffer with having a top of line phone whose carrier restricts certain phone features. This is where I fault Samsung. If a carrier isn't equipped to allow all features of a device to work, then the carrier isn't worthy of selling the device. Get up to par Sprint! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree 100% they love that autobot response,  but like you I've had VoLTE since I got the note 10+ but never the feature just a button that doesnt work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint did actually have talk and surf at one point.  I can't remember what year that changed,  but I noticed it when trying to get on the internet while on a call. It seems like they went backwards.  🤦‍♀️ I'm still not sure why I've stuck around for so long.  I think I have attachment issues... lol

Highlighted
GrandMaster

originally phones had two antennas so talk and surf while connected to 4G was able to happen..once devices switched over to a single antenna that went out the window and they had to create the LTE calling Beta..then eventually they started to release VoLTE.

not sure which phone you have but it should have it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea it would nice when everyone gets VoLTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a y update on this? The original post is from almost a year ago. The expectation was that this would roll out before end of 2019. Here we are end of Q1 20 with no resolution. What's going on?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat