cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ and WiFi calling location issues - requires cellular network

Wizard

Re: S10+ and WiFi calling location issues - requires cellular network

@Savededa wrote:

I tried that as well Mark, no good. When I had this option on though when my wifi got weak I would lose wifi calls, at least with it off you'll be able to stay on your network without it switching. 

Rats! was hoping we were on to something.....

Journeyman

Unfortunately looks like we are going to have to deal until they do an update on the firmware. I've even gone as far as a factory reset yesterday and got nothing. Not even a thread on Google. Luckily today I found this one so other users will not feel alone. Definitely a bug. Sucks that were gonna have to live with it especially at home lol. I mean... At least let us disable the notification! 

Wizard

@Savededa wrote:

Unfortunately looks like we are going to have to deal until they do an update on the firmware. I've even gone as far as a factory reset yesterday and got nothing. Not even a thread on Google. Luckily today I found this one so other users will not feel alone. Definitely a bug. Sucks that were gonna have to live with it especially at home lol. I mean... At least let us disable the notification! 

There are some apps that can kill notifications, Hide Persistent Notifications is one I use for some items. Perhaps give that a try? I won't get this to pop up until I'm at work, it needs to have the notification pop up for it to kill it. My home WiFi has no issues at all. 

Journeyman

I've come across apps like this that are real battery killers. If a fix isn't implemented soon I'll try it out. So you have decent signal at home for it to be working right? This is all based off of having little to no service of I'm not mistaken.. 

Wizard

@Savededa wrote:

I've come across apps like this that are real battery killers. If a fix isn't implemented soon I'll try it out. So you have decent signal at home for it to be working right? This is all based off of having little to no service of I'm not mistaken.. 

Yes, it's service strength. I could hit my Sprint tower with a golf ball from my house, so very strong signal  

GrandMaster

aside from the WFC deal everything else is working fine for you guys with the S10?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

As an addition to this WiFi calling thing, even if you have weak signal BUT this WiFi calling location issue timeout notification happens.....then the phone will not make or receive any phone calls I found out today. I'm able to replicate this, it just says "mobile network not found" despite having a "couple bars" of some signal. The WiFi Calling has to be disabled before calls can be made. This seems to me like a very dangerous issue and one that should be elevated. What if I needed to call 911??? What then? 

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

aside from the WFC deal everything else is working fine for you guys with the S10?

Yes, without the screen protector, everything is far more responsive. I understand the move by Samsung to put one on there so folks don't put a 3rd party one on there and the fingerprint sensor not work, but at the same time, I think people will have a diminished experience because of the screen protector. 

Otherwise, this phone is pretty nice, the camera is outstanding over the S9+ even, in my very non-scientific testing.T4TUE5s

fubAcTs

GrandMaster

mobile data (while not inside your underground cave lol) works great? calls?

also..she does NOT look like a morning person..pretty much borderline about to stab you or go back to sleep thought process going on there lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Really? I'll have to try this when I get home. Although this morning I did realize I had to restart my phone to get a call to connect after leaving my house. If the 2 are related this is a huge problem. How do we even get someone from sprint to chime in on this? 

Wizard

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

mobile data (while not inside your underground cave lol) works great? calls?

also..she does NOT look like a morning person..pretty much borderline about to stab you or go back to sleep thought process going on there lol

Mobile data has been "relatively" stable. Sometimes after I leave work, it'll say I have LTE and LTE calling, but I'm not actually getting any data. I will have to cycle airplane mode to get data back. Again, no calls can come in or out when this happens, which is an issue, but it's relatively isolated and I attribute it more to a tower issue than device issue, but I could be wrong. 

Wizard

Yeah I always use a screen protector no issues so far which I always use Zagg from Best Buy as far as Blue Tooth devices rather it be a watch,headphones so forth if they are not setup as a trusted device. It might prompt folks to put in their pin or password so forth to unlock their device. This is option is asked usually during the setup of the external device accessing the phone. 

Journeyman

Just wanted to connect this issue to multiple users across all phones on the s10 lineup. Reddit link here

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat