ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ and WiFi calling location issues - requires cellular network

Journeyman

Re: S10+ and WiFi calling location issues - requires cellular network

Please do Mark, this was driving me mad! Let me know how you make out. 

This does makes sense though, most complain of this when signal strength is horrible and most likely switch to Roaming data. Which then turns off the triangulation using towers through that app, hence a location timeout. Switching this to never leaves location data flowing while using wifi calling whenever the app requests it, if that makes sense. Idrk, this is all speculation, but an educated guess after process of elimination. Best of luck! 

Wizard

@Savededa wrote:

Please do Mark, this was driving me mad! Let me know how you make out. 

This does makes sense though, most complain of this when signal strength is horrible and most likely switch to Roaming data. Which then turns off the triangulation using towers through that app, hence a location timeout. Switching this to never leaves location data flowing while using wifi calling whenever the app requests it, if that makes sense. Idrk, this is all speculation, but an educated guess after process of elimination. Best of luck! 

Makes complete sense. I looked for this "idea" but in the wrong places in connectivity and advanced wifi. Did not think to look in the app properties itself and wasn't aware of limitations like this. Always learning after I thought I knew most tricks!!! 

Journeyman

Finger crossed this works, not sure if it makes a difference but I also had switched my network mode from automatic to LTE/CDMA since that's all sprint uses anyway. 

Wizard

Gah, the fix is not a fix. I still get this message repeatedly here at work with low Sprint signal. I'll continue testing, but I've gotten the "location time out" error several times already and I haven't even gone down to my animal rooms in the sub basement yet. womp, womp

GrandMaster

regular mobile data signal is still nice and strong? could be part of the batches that were experiencing mobile data connection issues with a specific band..starts to loose that connection and boop..

im currently spit balling it here but its a possibility..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

regular mobile data signal is still nice and strong? could be part of the batches that were experiencing mobile data connection issues with a specific band..starts to loose that connection and boop..

im currently spit balling it here but its a possibility..

eh? I don't think so. My mobile data is fine otherwise when I have signal. 

GrandMaster

well shat

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

@fireguy_6364  Yeah I've had no issues but if I was having to disable bands I would have already switch out the device for another S10. So far everything for me has ran like a champ but I can understand everyone frustration unfortunately networks and the hardware they are using are never the same they vary form place to place . Where you live will always play a factor No matter the device or who the carrier may be..   

Journeyman

Was having this issue and found that the address was wrong. Which was weird to say the least. 

iimagine501
Journeyman

I've put my correct verified address in multiple times. I haven't gotten the message yet since I did what I did but further testing is obviously in order. Mark, could it be that the address you entered is your home and you're getting the timeout at work? Trying to think. They definitely have some updating to do on this device for sure. Just not sure if this particular issue is widespread enough to warrant them fixing it. Hopefully when they fix the network issues this will piggyback along with that. 

GrandMaster

have all of you set the phones GPS to high accuracy?

Journeyman

High accuracy isn't an option location is on or off then you have to turn Google location accuracy on which uses wifi and tower triangulation. 

Perhaps the wifi calling app needs to be updated to reflect how android pie locates you. Wifi calling app sends the notification and says to make sure location accuracy is set to high, but the option isn't available like it was for older Android versions.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat