cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 plus mobile data issues

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: S10 plus mobile data issues

Let me know if you're receiving better signal. If not I can submit a support ticket to dig deeper.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Wizard

Hmm you might check your Network settings and make sure they are set to automatic.. 

Journeyman

I still say it's a known issue.  Had mine since launch with the LTE problem and had been using it with just 1 band enabled for months.  Finally got fed up with it and hoped the issue had been resolved so I went ahead and asked for an exchange.   Replacement phone arrived a week ago from asurion and I'm still noticing the same issue.  Full LTE signal, doesn't matter if i'm downtown South Bend, Mishawaka or Elkhart (all big cities here) yet it will act as if there is no data connection.

Called again today, supposedly another request for exchange has been submitted but was told 7 to 10 days instead of 2 this time.  

This is very frustrating, paying for a phone that is supposed to be the best of the best and service that half works most of the time.   Also thinking about leaving sprint after 10 years.

Hi there. This was in fact a known issue and a post was made about it awhile back (linked below) addressing the issue. Please let us know if you continue to have issues with your S10 device after you get your new replacement.

SOLUTION: (Updated) Concerns with GS10e/GS10/GS10+ roaming or poor data

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

It happened again today. I had to reboot the phone. Then worked.

That is good it worked. 

Journeyman

The bad thing is, I just got out of my LGv30 recently, had it a few years and never had that issue. Hopefully the June update comes out soon and has a fix for it.

If the phone was one of the original run that had the issue that caused the LTE loss and roaming issues that are discussed in this link here then even with the latest updates and future updates, it's not going to fix the issue. Simply put, some of the phones were bad apples and had to be replaced. 

A few things I want to clear up:

• Are you constantly in roaming?
  • When you have LTE are you ever able to use it without having to reboot your phone?
  • After you reboot your phone, how long do you get to use LTE before having to reboot? 

Journeyman

No, Actually I rarely go into roaming for the exception when I'm working in Brunswick MD. The coverage in that area is horrible. Most of the time I'm in LTE. Once the phone boots up and my icons are present LTE is usually locked in within 30-60 sec.

After the phone boots up and you have LTE, how long does it stay there for? How long is it typically before you have to reboot to fix the issue of having LTE bars but not having service? 

Journeyman

Speak of the devil this morning, I woke up, my phone was on Wifi while getting ready for work. Right before I left ,I shut the wifi off. I was locked on to 4 bars of LTE. As I left my home my phone was unable to access any data. My browser returned a no internet error.   

39.614466, -77.418602  were the general coordinates that i drive through. After awhile the data corrected itself without a reboot, that was 5 min later.

Screenshot_20190716-074733_Chrometuessday.jpg

Highlighted

I took a look at those coordinates and I do see a nearby service alert that is open with agents assigned to resolve. That could be the issue. How long would you say you have been having issues in this area and is it typically this area that you are running into problems? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat