Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 plus mobile data issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: S10 plus mobile data issues

I also have issues in the general area of 

39.311378, -77.622272

This area is usually in Roaming mode or very little LTE. I have issues with the handoffs at times too. The whole Brunswick and Jefferson area has pretty poor coverage in general.

Another area where it takes forever to connect to data is, this whole area in like a 2 mile radius is bad.

39.463185, -77.401169

Thanks for that. Neither of the areas you provided are having issues with service, however both of them are a couple of miles between towers and are in areas where the LTE quality dips. Both areas have towers surrounding, but not directly nearby which is likely why you are seeing the issue with the handoff. Based off what I'm seeing on the coverage map and with the towers relevant to the location, that makes more sense why you are having trouble with the LTE staying steady, since it's kind of stretched on tower location. Have you tried popping in and out of Airplane Mode instead of having to do a full reboot to see if that helps in grabbing the closest tower when things start getting wonky with your connection? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Ok, again this morning I shut off the wifi to leave for work. I had multiple bars of LTE sitting in front of my home . A few minutes rolled by , still no data . I tried switching the phone to airplane mode like recommended and back on and within a few seconds my data was back.

The phone seems to be having some issues handing off from WiFi to LTE and making sure that when it does so that it's grabbing and holding the LTE connection. If you don't toggle off the WiFi manually and just leave the house, will the phone move off WiFi to LTE and hold the data connection normally? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Well here is a wrench in the story. I just posted maybe an hour ago about coming from my house and having issues. No more then an hour later I stopped at a Mcdonalds to grab a breakfast sandwich , when I returned to my vehicle i viewed my phone, had LTE bars but again no data until I went to airplane mode then back on. So that time was a LTE to LTE handoff issue.

Coordinates to that location 

39.407783, -77.430239

Your phone could have been trying to connect to the McDonald's WiFi. I would try what Greg suggested, and toggle off WiFi. It does sound like a hard hand off. 

Journeyman

That may have been so if I had my wifi on, but was off at that point.

I am going to send you a PM. I think I should check into your account to see. I will send you a PM. 

Journeyman

Went through 3 s10+ ,  the 3rd one sporadically working on band 41 and very slowly when it did.  My local store reset my upgrade eligibility and got me a note 9 to replace it. 

Amazingly it is working just fine on all bands!

@smcginnis3023, thank you for sharing your experience. We hope everything works perfectly from now on. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat