Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Pre Order and the Gear VR

Go to solution
Journeyman

S8 Pre Order and the Gear VR

Hello,

I seem to be unclear on how this whole Gear VR preorder works, How do I claim it for my Wifes S8 and My S8 order? Is Sprint shipping them or is Samsung? Do I need to register via Samsung to claim it? If so, what do they need from us?

Thanks for any help on this.

23 REPLIES 23
Community Manager

Re: S8 Pre Order and the Gear VR

Check out the details on the Samsung Promo page for registration and to upload your info.  The packing slip that came in your box counts as a receipt for this purpose. Let us know if you have other questions. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I need help with this please traying to get my sprint samsung s8 plus gear vr with my promotion from sprint thank you.

Sprint Social Care

gquirindongo

Thanks for reaching out to us! You must register for the Samsung Gear VR headset and Oculus content bonus Promotion:

Online at https://promos.samsung.com/infinitelyimmersive to submit a valid claim form as well as show a photo/scan of your register receipt or email confirmation.

Participants must have a valid email and mailing address to receive the free gift. Free gift may take up to 8 weeks after verification of Offer claim to ship. You should receive their free gift within 12 – 14 weeks.

If you don't have the receipts of your purchase, I can help you getting them. For further assistance, feel free to send us a Private Message.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Master

As Sprint_Ciara and Seawolf explained, all freebies come from Samsung, shipped from Samsung, and to claim them you have to submit the request via Samsung site.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Good luck to you. I preordered my s8 on April 2nd and was denied the vr gear due to "not purchasing within promo period". Resubmitting didn't work. Unable to speak with samsung, two and a half hours on hold before disconnected. Sprint says my claim is valid, that problem is samsung. I'm cancelling my transaction and returning phone.
GrandMaster

per another customers post the promo deadline has been extended. i have not checked into it. out of curiosity though..you purchased a phone just to get the VR headset? that would be like going down to Les Schwab and buying all new tires for your car just so you can get the meat deals they do from time to time.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hello firefly, and thank you for your input, which is my segue to the most important part. No, I didn't buy the s8 just to get vr gear, but it was promised, and trying to fix their problem enlightened me as to what I'm dealing with. I admit that I am angry for being wrongfully denied, as many are, and I would rather send the phone back than let an injustice occur. There are a lot of good phones out there and there are always new models with the latest bells and whistles pouring out, so it really wouldn't have any impact on me to send the s8 back. I don't need an iris scanner to unlock my phone, I've done just fine without it so far. The real issue here, and pay close attention now, is in being able to trust a company that I do business with. As a consumer, I have an expectation that the company will honor their words and value my patronage. Not to be dismissed into an endless labyrinth of ineffective customer service. What happens when a larger issue comes up, like the WiFi quits working or the battery xplodes? I doubt that you think my expectations of competent customer service and keeping ones word are terribly naive. And as for the extended deadline rumor, i have tried resubmitting along with chats and long calls to no avail. But thank you anyway for your opinion, I know that you're just trying to help as best you can. Good day.
GrandMaster

the promo itself is through Samsung though..not Sprint. question though. you mentioned you have contacted Samsung..who did you talk to? customer service or did you try to get in contact with their promotions department?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I contacted them through their chat, called 1-800-SAMSUNG, and was eventually redirected to their "next level support" at 1-800-726-7864, which, after checking my call log, was their promotions dept that I had previously been redirected to. I think I'm seeing a pattern to it. A perpetual circle.
Journeyman

Hello Fascia9, I'll contact Samsung support to ask them why they are not allowing you to register for the promotion. Once I get a response I'll let you know.

Caro

Sprint Social Care

Caro
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you Sprint_Carolina, but as your later private message replied to me, you couldn't get through to them. No surprise. I did get through to samsung customer service last night, about 7:30, and after the usual hold I described the situation, to which they transferred me to samsung promotions dept where I was on hold until 10:24pm when someone answered and asked me how may they help, so I told them how I was erroneously denied for the promo, then he told me that he wasn't with samsung, that they were a call service and he took down my name and number and said that samsung promotions dept would call me back tomorrow. Well, it's tomorrow now, 8:42pm to be exact, and I haven't heard from them. Big surprise there.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat