cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ VoLTE messed by latest patch

Highlighted
Journeyman

S8+ VoLTE messed by latest patch

VoLTE was working well with a local chip but latest Samsung patch just messed with it, the toggle option is gone, volte icon is present yet but calls are falling now to 3G, want my VoLTE back please!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Is your phone showing as using LTE when you're not on a call?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

yes, it shows both lte and volte icons, but it switches to 3g and volte icon goes when I do and/or receive a call, that didn't happen in the previous patch

Highlighted

How many bars of LTE do you see normally?

Highlighted

4 or 5 (and that's not the problem, I did mention volte setting is gone too)

Highlighted

I understand that it's gone when you use it but there are certain questions I need to ask to verify what is going on. 

Highlighted

Please send me a PM with your location so I can see if there's a known issue in that area. 

Highlighted

the cause is a glitch in the Dual Messenger application, which fails doing a shortcut in the first attempt in each application and at same time messes with the volte setting, making it dissapear under network settings, the only temporary fix is a factory reset

Highlighted

I believe you jcmolero71. I just haven't seen this issue before. I looked into the device and there are no known issues regarding this either. Have you taken the phone in to have it looked at? Have you deleted the app and reinstalled, or checked to see if there is an update for just that app available? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

the Dual Messenger appears be updated (also is integrated into rom so cannot delete it), also using the latest Samsung patch from september, as every update from google and samsung shops. With the august patch I had not that issue at all

Highlighted

Have yo taken the phone to a Sprint repair store, and had diagnostics ran on it? I'm trying to rule every scenario. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

no, never had a repair at all. Have you tried a factory reset, enable & update facebook and enable the dual messenger in it? it displays it installed but there's not additional facebook shortcut in that attempt, only doing it again, and in that moment volte setting is gone from mobile settings

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat