cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 new messaging features registration failure

Journeyman

S8 new messaging features registration failure

When I try to click chat in my text settings I get a message saying that I'm getting a code texted to me for new messaging features. I never recieve the code. Then I'll get a message bubble on my notifications bar that has a plus sign in it. When I click it it prompts me to start registration. I click start and tries to register and fails every time... I'm lost.

18 REPLIES 18
Sprint Social Care

Re: S8 new messaging features registration failure

Stevie1989,

Hey! Thank you for reaching out. It seems that you have the short codes blocked and this may be the reason why you're not receiving the text with the code. Let's confirm that information. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the S8+ and have this same issue.  I've been to the store, and contacted tech experts. Samsung, and customer care. Someone please help me!!

Sprint Social Care

mdkirk422,

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to us, can you please send us screenshots with the exact steps you've taken?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Screenshot_20180330-222634_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130346_Tech Expert.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130353_Tech Expert.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130403_Tech Expert.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130412_Tech Expert.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130419_Tech Expert.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130432_Tech Expert.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130457_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130457_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-130507_Messages.jpg

Sprint Social Care

mdkirk422,

Thank you for the details. I was able to investigate further into this and we still waiting for a resolution from Samsung regarding this situation. They still testing to find out the route cause of the issue with the code and we still waiting on a resolution from them.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm still having this issue. Sprint says it's on Samsung. Samsung says it's on sprint. Are we just supposed to be okay that the devices we pay premium for on a network that isn't exactly cheap are just not functioning? Why has there been no follow up for this?

Journeyman

I took mine to the sprint repair Center. They had it fixed in 15 minutes. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  I try to click chat in my text settings and I get a message saying that I'm getting a code texted to me for new messaging features. I never recieve the code. I've used the chat support and they basically acted like they didn't know what I was talking about so I went to a Sprint store and after ONLY restarting my phone they told me they didn't know what that was. Help please. 

Journeyman

I went to the sprint store and they replaced my sim card. Everything was fine after

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi Jchevis. Can you confirm which device you are on and what messaging app you are using? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

SM-G950U 

The messages app. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat