cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Edge Lighting not working when screen is off.

GrandMaster

Re: S9+ Edge Lighting not working when screen is off.

does edge lighting work for any other non Samsung made apps?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364

It doesn't. I had every app selected and it didn't work. I also downloaded a new texting app to see if that would work and it didn't work with that either. I've heard its a Sprint issue more so than any other carrier. There's a few apps that can turn my screen on when they send me a notification, but the Messages app doesn't and I'm thinking maybe that's the issue? I don't know? It's a mystery lol. I'd really love for it to be solved tho because it would be a great feature for me if it were.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes  3rd party apps work not including Android messages. And the problem is only with the screen off 

@

Journeyman

@jokylos1

Which 3rd party apps work for you because none work for me at all. That I've tried, anyway.

Journeyman

Textra, Mood and go sms all work  Textra is the only one that shows your actual incoming message, the other two show the notification only as "processing incoming message" or something to that effect  But the edge lighting does work on all three.

Journeyman

@jokylos1

Ah! It works with Textra! So it has to be Samsung's messaging app. Thank you!

GrandMaster

weird.

messages is a Google app though. i know that Textra and some of the other texting apps mentioned in here have options to wake up your screen for pop ups etc..and Googles messages does not have that option...so that might be the kicker. they must have a setting option to wake up your screen.

down side of this is Samsung must get it figured out and get a update kicked out for it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364

I just downloaded Textra and it works perfectly. I tried Google Messages and it didn't work and it doesn't work with Hangouts or the Messages app that comes with the phone. So Samsung has to fix that or Sprint. I'm just happy I got it to work with Textra so I know it's not a problem with my phone.

Journeyman

No problem, you're welcome ... Unreal that it doesn't work with Samsung's native app. 

GrandMaster

sprint has zero control over how the phone works itself..only the data and call side of things..well that and their built in apps..the rest is on the manufacturer..or the app developers themselves to make them compatible with the phones abilities.

handcent is another texting app that you might try out..main 3 good ones i know of that would have the option to wake up your screen would be textra, gosms and handcent..

i have only ever used handcent though..always wanted to try out textra...i like the additional notification options compared to most stock texting apps.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364

Yeah, it's definitely Samsung that needs to fix the option to have the screen come on because it doesn't work at all and there's no option for it. I'm sure they'll fix it, but in the meantime I'll just Textra. I like it a lot, actually. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to match to my theme without me having to change the colors, but it isn't that big of a deal. I'll likely buy the pro version. Give it a try! You might like it.

Journeyman

@lulubelle143 Yeah, I agree, I bought the paid version. I can't deal with that persistent ad at the top. Wish you had the option to move it to SD as it's rather "heavy" but not much more than the native app.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat