cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Edge Lighting not working when screen is off.

Journeyman

Re: S9+ Edge Lighting not working when screen is off.

Sure!! Edge lighting worked on my s9+, as well as video calling directly from the phone option, I was able to send picture emojis to the person I was talking too, while I was on the phone with them with T-mobile, now with Sprint, I have to download an application to get Edge lighting to work and use duo for video calling, and I am only able to send an emoji while in the phone option when someone is calling me and send a message to ignore the call
GrandMaster

TMO has had VoLTE for quite some time..which in turn allows multiple of the things you mentioned..Sprint is actually in the process of launching theirs now by market. which would pretty much resolve just about every one of those things mentioned minus the edge lighting..which is on Samsung to fully get figured out. edge lighting is an ability of the phone..not the carrier. edge lighting is edge lighting no matter which carrier its on..has nothing to do with them. that would be like getting angry with Verizon because your HTC messaging app isnt working like it should...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If the edge lighting has to do with Samsung, why when I call customer service they arent able to fix it and have me go to the store.

GrandMaster

its in the name of the phone lol. Samsung S9+  >>>Edge<<<

as it is on every other carrier...that ability is on the OEM..in this case Samsung.

lets take it up a notch..are the Samsung Edge devices only available on Sprint? no..they are not..meaning edge lighting is NOT carrier specific...its a set up the OEM created and released..meaning they are the ones that must fix it..its been an ongoing on again off again issue since the first Edge device they released and more than likely they are needing to do additional testing on their end to figure out the issues and kick out a update to fix said issues.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

-----UPDATE----- (10-25-2018)

This morning I woke up to see my Galaxy s9+ stock Messages app had been updated. I've been using Textra so the Edge Lighting would work, but decided to see if maybe the new update to the Messages app included a fix for the Edge Lighting AND IT DID! The Edge Lighting FINALLY works on my s9+! So if you were having issues with it not working, definitely check and see if your Messages app was updated to the most recent version and it should work now! It's about time they fixed it. Now I just hope it stays working. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
GrandMaster

now to see if they figured it out for any of their other Edge devices or just this one lol

Journeyman

Hopefully they get it working for them all!

GrandMaster

one can only hope..but it took Samsung 5ish months to figure this one out lol.

Journeyman

Lucky you, mine still doesn't work..I have to use a purchased app..

Journeyman

Try looking to see if there's an update for the stock Messages app. If there is update it and it should work. If not you might get it within the next few days or so probably! 

Journeyman

I don't have an update, I did have one about a week or two ago, and that didn't improve anything, now my messages aren't letting me know when there read, they only say delivered.

GrandMaster

that has nothing to do with Edge lighting..that is more for the RCS (Rich Communication Services)..there is a different thread for that.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Series/Check-here-for-Enhanced-Messaging-RCS-implemen...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat