cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 SIM card locks on 1st restart

Journeyman

S9 SIM card locks on 1st restart

I have an unlocked S9 that was activated on my Sprint account several months ago. Since that time the SIM card locks every time I restart the phone with the message "The sim card has locked. Please power cycle the device and contact customer service if the problem persists." If I then restart the phone again there are no messages and it appears to work fine. Are there any solutions to this issue? Having to restart the phone twice does not make any sense. It makes me wonder if the phone was properly activated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: S9 SIM card locks on 1st restart

Hey XXZZ10, did you have a SIM PIN on your previous phone?

No, I did not have a SIM Pin on my previous phone.

Thanks for that.  That's definitely odd.  And it was purchased from Samsung USA, correct?

Yes, that's correct, purchased from Samsung USA.

I'm wondering if replacing the SIM would help.

It would. It seems to be directly related to that UICC. Your local Sprint store will be able to help with that.  If you're still having issues after swapping out SIM cards, definitely let me know via Private Message.

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat