cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Unlocked Voice Call Issues

Journeyman

S9+ Unlocked Voice Call Issues

Wherever i am and without fail, my calls are choppy and break up during conversation. I can also here noise and other faint conversations on the line. I have update the PRL and Profile in the Update section and also powered off the phone. Also called sprint who reset my network and had me enter the network refresh code in the dialpad. Problem still persists...

This is a Brand new phone and i was wondering if anyone else is having calls issues with the Unlocked SE S9+ so i can either expect an update or exchange my phone.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: S9+ Unlocked Voice Call Issues

Hi @B-Spence, Can you please let me know:

Is this happening when you receive a phone call or when you make the call?

Are you using Wi-Fi calling?

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This occurs on the regular network as i dont use wifi calling. It happens both when i initiate the call or receive it. Also to mention i just came from an S7 which had no issues what so ever at the same places i make calls.

I also removed sim card and reinserted today to see of there is a change and that disnt have any effect.

Also, i dont know if this is relevant to Phone Calls but my mobile  network is set to automatic but i think that is more relative to data and internet connection.

Could this possibly be an issue with the sim card in the phone? Meaning that if i obtain another one, it might stop the choppy calls?

Sprint Social Care

B-Spence,

You can try with another SIM to see if you experience any changes. Make sure you have the latest software update in your device, I would like to make sure that there's no outage affecting the service in the area. Can you please provide me the nearest cross streets and ZIP code?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a similar issue on my Galaxy S8+ unlocked version that is attached to the Sprint network.  The issue seems to be isolated to calls placed to an ATT cellular customer.  The call quaility is horrible, fragmented and choppy.  When I make calls to my wife or daughter who also have Sprint, the call is clear as day.  When I call the same ATT phone numbers on my wife's LG G6, the call quality is fine as well.  I am trying to determine if the issue is an isolated issue with my S8+, or a general issue with the S8+ unlocked on Sprint.  Also, the issue has not always been there.  Seems to have coincided with the Oreo update but this could just be a coincidence.

This can be annoying. We want your call quality to be crisp and clear for all calls. Let me see if there are any known issues for the S8+. What troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to fix this? Did you update the PRL and the Data Profile? Have your checked for any software updates? Are you using WIFI Calling or Calling Plus?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

I have updated PRL, profile, factory reset, swapped SIM card,  ##72786#...the works.  Still no luck.  The unlocked version of the S8+ does not qualify for Sprint WiFi calling.  Calls to people on ATT are still garbled and fragmented most of the time.  As I stated, the issue does not seem to occur with Sprint customers.

I can look into this further for you. Also, you could let the people you call that have AT&T, know that the calls are choppy etc. It could possibly be a AT&T issue. You might tell them to call in to AT&T as well. I will send you a private message, so I can get more information from you.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat