cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 native messaging app "Chat" vs SMS and alias.

Journeyman

Re: S9 native messaging app "Chat" vs SMS and alias.

@ChrisT8090 wrote:
What can be done if the person DOES have RCS enabled on their device and I still am unable to use certain feature like seeing if a message is Read ? Case in point they have an S8 and I have an S9 they can see when I've read their text messages but mine are stuck at " Delievered " only.

Make sure you have "read"  enabled in your chat message settings. Otherwise try resetting all chat settings and re-registering your device. 

Journeyman

I've done all those things and still no luck.
Journeyman

@ChrisT8090 wrote:
I've done all those things and still no luck.

I would suggest to call sprint customer help. Good luck. 

Is it happening with just that person? I have the s9 and my neighbor has the s8. We were turning things on and off and sending messages, trying to recreate this. We were not successful. She sent me two messages this morning, I opened them but immediately closed them, and they still show delivered on her phone. I wonder about the time frame on the initial opening.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Wizard

Was this resolved? I've used it on my S7 and it's really hit and miss. I think the Chat option uses data, so when that's iffy, it doesn't always work as expected.
Highlighted
Wizard

I haven't heard anything since Monday. RedCruzr and I message all the time and that was the only time we had issues with the RCS too. If you do not want to use it like a chat, I suggest turning off RCS. Then you will go back to just the native messages.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Wizard

First if your using any of the default Samsung App make  sure to have a Samsung account setup and check the Galaxy Store for App updates. For the most part Not always if people are having issues with Apps it will be a issue with the App itself. So its always important to check daily or several times a week for App updates due to most cases that is what will fix the issue.

Samsung it a little slow about getting updates out so people might have to wait a little longer. As far a Text Apps the default Samsung one is not bad but I have started using Android Message which is really what Google is trying to get more Android users to us that way they have one main text app kinda like what Apple has done with I-messages. That being said people will get updates sooner from the play store when using apps from there which will bring fixes and improvements more quickly.

So in the end you what app you like but like with any some are better than other and some get their issues address more quickly as well. So like with Any App it will always vary most cases it's not going to matter who your carrier is most of the issues will be with the app itself. But not always there are times its the device or a simple setting but everyone device will vary as well due to everyone has different settings turned on or sometimes its something else that's been installed on the device that is causing the problem. The rule of thumb is to always stick with App that have the best support that get used a lot and are develop by main companies. For the most part folks will not have near as many issues and will get quicker updates as well as better features. If you venture off from that its more of a take it at your own risk and most cases not all your experiences  are usually not as good as well. 

Journeyman

Yes, you can assign a specific ringtone once you are in a conversation. But as soon as you delete that conversation, the distinctive ringtone is gone. What I think the post was referring to was being able to go into Contacts and assign a notification tone that stays with that particular contact. I had to go back to my S8+ and I was able to do that. Then in the course of reactivating that phone, several updates were done and it was in one of those updates that the option in Contacts disappeared! I also found that to be a very useful feature and would like it put back!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat