cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Toolkit The SIM card has locked.

Go to solution
Journeyman

SIM Toolkit The SIM card has locked.

My wife's S8 bricked yesterday and needs to be sent out to be replaced.  While we wait for that, I have a Pixel that I want to use her SIM with and am getting the error message above.  Can someone please help with this?

Thanks,

Ben

6 REPLIES 6

Re: SIM Toolkit The SIM card has locked.

Hey Phoenix. Has the Pixel device been active with Sprint in the past? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

No sir.  I believe it came from Verizon

GrandMaster

was this Pixel initially on Sprint? and if it was how long has it been has it been removed from an active line?

disregard. the agent that can assist you posted while i was typing

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

If the phone hasn't been with Sprint and came from Verizon, you'll need to reach out to them to have them unlock the device first.

From there, with the Sprint SIM in the device we can help you get things sorted out, or you can go through the self-service tool at Sprint.com to help you swap out the device until the S8 is back in working order. 

Journeyman

Thanks very much.   If I put the SIM back in to the S8, will that remove the lock? 

It will not, because you need to unlock the Pixel device itself before it can be used on the Sprint network. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat