cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM (UICC) unlock issue galaxy note 8

Journeyman

SIM (UICC) unlock issue galaxy note 8

I have a galaxy note 8 that I paid off and ported the number to a different t-mobile phone.  Now I have been trying to get the Note 8 unlocked.  I've read the other listings and I have met all the sprint requirements to unlock.  The phone is inactive on sprint but does have a sprint sim installed and is hooked to WIFI.   I've called customer service 3 times so far for this.   The first call was on the 4th of january, and the agent guaranteed me it would be unlocked in 48 hours (not including weekends).  She said to call back Wednesday morning if it wasn't.  I was also supposed to get an email which i never received.  I called back on the 9th and the agent said I shouldn't have called again and to just wait.  He also said he would create another case for it.  Today, the agent says she doesn't see any record of any cases being submitted, but did give me a case number for this one.

The phone has been on constantly throughout this, with a sprint sim installed and 4bars of service (no LTE because of the WIFI being on).

The phone is NOT active on a sprint account.

Because of this, i am unable to do the

Update prl

Update profile

Each of those steps sends me to a screen that says the device has not been registered to an account, and asks if I want to activate it with a current account.

The UICC unlock button gives me an error that says i have to call customer service and has an "internal error 407" code.

The 3 different agents i've talked to have asked for 3 different phone IDs.  the first asked for my IMEI number, the second wanted the ICCID number, and today they wanted the MEID number.

They also have told me different things about the phone.  One said it could be off the whole time.  One said it had to be on, with WIFI but it didnt matter if the sprint sim was installed, and one just didn't know.

All three have guaranteed me it would be unlocked in 48-72 hours.  So far 2 of the three have been wrong.

Does anybody know an easy way to get this thing unlocked?

5 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: SIM (UICC) unlock issue galaxy note 8

Hey Lorsajane! Since it's an Android phone, it'll need to have a Sprint SIM card installed in the phone and connected to WiFi to receive the unlock signal that we'll send out.  

Did any of the previous agents provide a ticket number for you for the unlock request? If so, I can check the status for you. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  The phone does have a sprint sim installed, although the phone number on it is 000-000-1062 instead of my original.  Don't know what happened there.  It does have a WIFI connection and has been on and plugged in for the last week and will remain that way.  The first 2 agents (tish and earnest) did not give me a case number but assured me that they submitted it.  The agent today did give me a case number and said she couldn't find any cases submitted by the other two.  That case number is 229138441.

Thanks again

Brian.

Again, my phone has a sprint sim installed, but is not on any active sprint account.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thanks for the info, Brian.  You'll want to leave the Sprint SIM in there, connect that phone connected to WiFi and try updating the Profile.    You'll probably see an error stating " cannot connect to network" which is what it's supposed to do.  After that, enter ##BRAND# and ##SCRTN# .  Follow those prompts, and the phone should reboot.  

Let me know if you have any other issues with it via Private Message, and I can look further into it. 

i did those 2 items.  it did reboot after each one.  It is still locked to sprint sims though.

Thanks

Brian

Journeyman

Also the error that it gave is .  "this device has not been registered with an account"  "do you want to connect this device to an account for network service yes or no"..  Also has a place to hit for an emergency call.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat