cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS lease locked phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

SOS lease locked phone

Hello, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8+ from someone on letgo yesterday, and until a few moments ago it was perfectly fine. Then it became locked because of some problem with the lease agreement the previous owner had. I tried calling Sprint to solve the problem, they said the previous owner had to call instead. Which currently is impossible seeing as to how they have ignored my messages and calls to try and resolve this. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SOS lease locked phone

Usually when that happens the phone wasn't fully paid off yet from the account holder. In this case you would need to reach out to them. It is frustrating, but we can't do anything until the account holder reaches out to us. 

Journeyman

Is there any way to transfer the account over to me then? 

No we can not do that. The account holder would need to approve, and the balance could be rather high in these cases. 

Journeyman

So is there nothing else I could to besides throwing out the phone?

If you are able I would try to return and get your money back. I can always double check to make sure. You can send me the IMEI through PM. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat