cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPH-L720

Journeyman

SPH-L720

Question - will a repair center reload the O/S on my Galaxy 4?

I am having trouble with device slowdown.

I also am getting the follow error message daily.

Chrome isn't responding.

Do you want to close it?

REPORT    WAIT    OK

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: SPH-L720

Excellent question Aku603. Has the OS been removed recently, or are you thinking about completing a factory reset on your device? What software version is currently on your device? Have you tried update the Chrome app?  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I am OK with a complete factory reset.

The O/S version is 5.0.1

Chrome, as you know, has updates monthly.  Since this issue first started, none of the updates have corrected the "Chrome isn't responding" issue.

I believe the storage is fragmented since the phone is many years old and this is what is causing the general slowdown.  The Chrome issue, who knows since it has had way too many updates.  As you know I can't totally remove Chrome from the phone to see if removing everything and reinstalling the app would fix the issue.

Thanks for the quick response.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You're welcome. Given the age of the phone, I would suggest completing the factory reset. Of course back up anything important first. With this reset the newest OS should be installed. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat