cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL 8/5/2019

Go to solution
Journeyman

SPL 8/5/2019

Usually I just let these security patches flow in whenever they do. This security patch for 8/5/2019 needs to come out yesterday. I and so many have been locked out of all our work apps till this patch hits. You never know how much you use your phone for work till you do not have it. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: SPL 8/5/2019

Hi jgibbons1983! Thank you for visiting us here in Community. What type of phone do you have?

Journeyman

It is a Samsung Note 9, and I was originally pre-ordering the Note 10. I have since put that on hold. I know the Pixel gets the update a lot faster, but I really do not want to use a Pixel. 

Well yes, I think you will be more satisfied sticking with the Notes, however I get what you are saying about the updates. I am assuming that you have already manually checked yourself for updates through your phone's settings?

Journeyman

of course as you probably know yourself these security updates typically take 3 to 4 weeks to hit android phones other then the Google devices. I just think this is one SPL that needs to have priority. This has caused tons of people to loose access to exchange service, and work apps. There has to be a better was to push these SPLs out faster. 

I apologize about the inconvenience of your work apps. I can look into it more as far as the SPLs and the timing of them being pushed out.

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat. I work for a VERY large company, so I know this is impacting thousands of people. I don't like iOS, but a Pixel is looking very appealing right now.
Journeyman

I just couldn't bring myself to get a pixel right now. Maybe if the pixel 4 was out. I kept my note pre order. I just wish as much as samsung promotes being for business they would figure out how to work with providers to make sure the patches get pushed faster. 

Journeyman

Agreed. I don't want to buy a device that's been out for 10 months, but I also can't let this issue go on indefinitely. It could just be a matter of, when I do upgrade, going Pixel 4 instead of S11. Very disappointed in Samsung support. 

Journeyman

Adding my voice to this update, this is critically needed for work as well.  Please update ASAP

Journeyman

My best guess is another week still. Problem is instead of pushing just a security patch out. They try to do other bug fixes and updates in the same package. If they would just push out a security patch by itself it would go alot faster.

Journeyman

Any idea when this will happen??? Starting to get really frustrating not having access to my work e mail, and apps. There needs to be a solution sooner soon. It has been over a month since this SPL came out. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat