cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A50

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy A50

I recently  upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy A50. After activating it worked perfectly  for about an hour, then it started Roaming nonstop in my home coverage area. The phone e still worked ok, except it would drop down to 3g roaming and wouldn't let me use data, it would say "no data connection". Sprint sent me a new SIM card telling me this would fix the issue. It didn't. So then they sent me a new Galaxy A50.. this one worked perfectly  for about 24 hours but is now doing the same thing the first phone did. 

Anyone else having trouble wit their Samsung  Galaxy A50 constantly  roaming? Is there a fix or a known issue with this phone? 

10 REPLIES 10
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy A50

Have you tried turning roaming off? Does it still work if you do that?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes it still works if I turn roaming off. The only time it doesn't work is if I lose LTE. If I lose LTE I can still make/receive calls but I have no data connection.  

What zip code are you in? Have you ever been able to use LTE on this phone?

Journeyman

Zip code  is 24935 and yes most of the time I have LTE, sometimes its roaming LTE but it still works. 

There aren't any reported issues in that area. Have you tried doing a PRL update?

Journeyman

Yes, I have done the update a couple of times. I have 5 phones on my plan, my phone is the only one having this issue. 

And is the only A50 on your account?

Journeyman

Yes it's the only A50 on the account. This is the second A50 I've had.. I returned  the first one because  of this exact same issue within my 30 days 

Let's submit a tech support ticket and see if there's a fix for this. Please send me a PM with your name, phone number and IMEI of the phone. I also need a good email address. 

Journeyman

I've sent the info to you by PM. Thank you

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat